My Message Got Me Killed (Chapter 4)

I began to giggle in muffled hysterics.

"You're crazy" I giggled.

"Oh really?" He responded seriously.

"Oh my gosh. You actually believe in all of that. You think it's serious. All that Wicca and devil stuff" My giggle turned more into a laugh.

Sam just sat still and serious.

"Oh my God. Why do I have to attract the crazy people? I mean first of all my mum's boyfriend wants to kill me and now I meet someone who is convinced that MY mother is a witch" I breathed deeply forcing myself to remain calm. But inside I was dying to laugh.

"Believe what you want" He said softly.

Sam got up and walked to the door. Opened it. I strained my ears to hear beyond what they were naturally incapable of, I heard him ask the two men dressed in black if he could help them.

"Have you seen a Phoenix Rockcliffe?" The younger man asked first.

"Why? What is it to you?" Sam straightened up.

"Well we need to talk to her. It's very serious" The older one replied this time.

"Yeah if you'd like to follow me please gentlemen" Sam ordered.

I saw Sam lead the two men towards my room. I began to panic.

"Bastard" I cussed silently.

I looked at my stomach. I lightly prodded the bandage covering my wound. It didn't hurt. Much. I ran to the window and pulled it upwards as quietly as I could.

I turned to make sure that Sam and the men in the black clothes hadn't got here yet. They weren't anywhere near the door. Good, there was just enough time for me to escape. I started to climb out of the window when something caught the collar of my hoodie. This is where I really panicked. Then a familiar voice came at my ear.

"21 copper street. Rodell drive about 6 streets over. Deliver it there wait for something in return. Then run like hell. And don't come back. Just keep on running to a safe place and I'll come find you" All I could do was obey.

"Now go"

The tension on my hoodie was released. I risked one look behind me. It was my mother. I wanted to ask her if Sam was right. I longed to tell her goodbye and that I loved her. But there was no time. My question was answered. Mum put her hands behind her back and they were suddenly a flame. I wanted to shout out and tell her that she would burn unless she put them out. But her flesh wasn't even touched. I shot a glance out of the door and the men and Sam were approaching the room fast.

I began to climb out the window again.

"Phoenix. Don't forget what I told you. Hide well and keep down. I will come and find you I promise" She requested.

"And I promise I'll tell you everything. I love you" She finished.

"I love you to mum" I started to climb out the window when I heard one last thing.

"The power of the fire will bring you into the light and make evil beings shy back into the dark"

Then I was out the window and gone. But what did she mean? What is it supposed to mean?