My Message Got Me Killed (Chapter 2)

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND?!?!" I screamed flinching in pain.

"Exactly that. He's my boyfriend. You're allowed one why can't I?" Mum questioned.

"I didn't say you couldn't have one. Just not one that goes around shooting their girlfriends daughters" I answered. I narrowed my eyes.

"Honey Allan didn't shoot anyone"

"Yes. . . . . Yes he did" I sighed.

I took a deep breath and shouted as loud as I could. "DAMN IT MUM HE SHOT ME!!"

She didn't answer. Instead "Allan" answered for her in a cold, icy voice. The kind my mother just happened to fall for. Damn he's got her good, I thought. All wrapped around his finger.

"She needs rest Melly. She's just been shot. It's understandable that she's feeling delusional"

"Yeah I just got shot. By YOU! And I'm not delusional. You're the guy who shot me because you need me for something" I stood up for myself.

He started to shake. His "pleasant" smile all faded and gone. I think I hit a nerve. He raised his right hand slowly into a fist.

"Melly could you leave us alone for a sec? I need to chat to Phee alone" He asked coldly. Colder than before.

"Yeah sure" Mum sniffled.

"I'll just be outside" She patted my hand reassuringly. I felt something in my hand. I took a sneaky peak and saw it was a piece of paper.

I looked up to my mother and gave her a slight nod.

"Thanks babe" Allan kissed my mother's forehead. I shuddered. I could feel my mind wanting to vomit.

"You don't get the privilege to call me Phee Allan" I exclaimed quietly.

"Oh I do. And I get a lot more privileges too" He sneered. He moved in closer so he's face was really close to mine.

"And soon you'll get the privilege to meet death. I heard it's quite chilling" He smirked silently.

"You're sick" I recoiled from the stench of his breath. He laughed. Louder this time. I wasn't about to take this. I moved closer avoiding his mouth. I leaned in close to his ear so that my lips were a hairs width away.

"You can't touch me" I whispered so quietly I could hardly hear me.

"You want a bet" He brushed his hand down my cheek.

I could feel my hand tighten round the paper in my hand. I needed to know what it said. But I had the feeling that it wasn't for me. It was to be delivered. But where to? Who to? I needed these questions to be answered. But right now I was kind of tied up with "Allan". Then the voice came.

"Excuse me are you miss Phoenix Rockcliffe?" A smooth voice. Allan moved away uncomfortably.