Chapter 3 New Pack...Twice!

I woke up in a strange place. I was lying on the bed in a loft in a pretty spacious room. It was fully decorated and looked typical for a teenager girl. Bright colors covered the walls and furniture. I stepped down the step ladder and checked out the new place. I was still mad that I was taken away from my home to be here. I heard knocking on the door.

"Yeah," I yell waiting for whoever to walk in.

The door opened and in walked a boy with sandy blonde hair. He had a good build with a goofy smile on his face.

"So you must be Talon. The new wolf everyone is talking about," he said," Oh! By the way, the name's Screech. Don't worry I don't live up to my name."

"Yeah I'm new and you got the name right. Older brother is Fang, and Dad is Alpha apparently," I grumbled looking pass him to the hallway.

"Oh about that...He disappeared and the Beta is in charge right now. He kind of just vanished," Screech said scratching his head.

"Then why the heck was I brought here for," I asked, worried about my dad.

"We're looking for him right now," Screech reassured."Enough of this! I was told to give you a tour of the place. Come with me!"

We left the room and made our way down a long hallway. At the end, there's a huge lounge place. There were couches lining the wall, two pool tables, a small kitchen in the right corner of the room, a classic pinball machine, with vending machines.

"This is the pack house. Basically the same as a college dorm," Screech commented waving to a couple of wolves talking.

I looked to the right and saw a very large kitchen with about six people bustling around. The smell of deer meat floating in the room made me start drooling. Meat! I thought as we walked pass the kitchen out onto the porch. There we could see most of the town they had made all those years ago.

"The building off to the right is the infirmary, the school is just left of that. There's a clearing behind here that's used for training and practicing transformations," Screech told me as I looked at where he pointed.

"Okay and this is were the protectors live correct," I asked turning back to look into the huge house.

"Correct! Now let's go and see who's training. Sparring should be going on right about now," Screech said running off the deck and behind the house.

It was a short run into the afternoon sun, before we could hear the sound of grunting and the thud of bodies being thrown, we walked through some underbrush and into a big bright clearing full of all sorts of people and wolves. A match was going on in the center between a man and a silver wolf. The wolf charged baring her teeth; the man simply braced himself as the wolf's jaws lunged at him. Before they could bite him, he caught the jaws and wrestled the wolf down. When the wolf finally stopped struggling, the man let go and turned his back. The wolf jumped up with a gust of wind, launching herself again at the man's turned back. He was able to turn just slightly before the wolf pinned him to the ground. She sat on him and barked happily as he tried to get up.

"Okay you win! Now get off me!"

The guy yelled out trying to push the wolf off him. She sat there a little longer than got up and shifted into human form. She had medium length brown hair that was tinted red, I think hair dye was coming out, and a thin body. She had freckles that dusted her face that helped frame her face when she laughed. She dusted herself off as she walked toward me.

"Hi! I'm Nadia, who are you," she asked stretching out her hand.

"I'm Talon. Nice to meet you," I replied back; shaking her hand. "Nice fight by the way."

"Thank you! I'm trying to work on the elemental wolf part, but it's not very easy," Nadia said shifting her back to have fur running down her and tail sticking out.

Her fur had changed to a light brown with silver tuffs every now and then. She breathed in and focused; the fur on her back changed fully silver.

"Wow that's cool. Which one of the types are you," I asked, feeling the soft fur.

"I'm wind," Nadia replied to my question.

A sudden gust of air surrounded her, almost blew me off my feet, I saw on her back a pair of wings trying stretch. The wind died down and Nadia's fur changed back to the light brown. I stood there a little dazed as she changed back to full human.

"That was awesome!" I said walking back to her; shaking my head slightly.

She thanked me and ran off somewhere; Screech, who I forgot was with me, walked up behind me and scared the ever-living-daylights out of me. He laughed and then said that we should probably head back. To my surprise the food was done and we had been out there for two hours. Were we seriously out here for that long? I thought as we ran back to the pack house. When we got there, a huge party had already broken out in the large room. I grabbed a plate and tried to find a spot where there wasn't any food on the seat and food at the spot. That took a while to find... the party turned into on big brawl. Fairy Tail much ? I thought remembering all the scenes where that crazy guild fought itself.  Apparently, I laughed out loud while thinking because when I looked back, a few people looked at me funny. I waved at them then quickly turned the other direction. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar face; an old friend of mine from a camp long a ago.  

"Kalmyk! Is that you?"

"Talon! What are you doing here? How long has it been," Kalmyk yelled from across the tables.

I walked over with my plate full of food, to my friend who was smiling like crazy. I sat down and we talked for what seemed like hours. I finally caught up what was going on her life while she caught on mine. I told her how I got the scar and all the crazy crap going on. She listened and made some funny comments about the Matt guy.

"Yeah! He's always been a jerk to everyone," Kalmyk told me as she bit into a piece of deer meat; the cafeteria was completely empty now, and I just realized that.

"We've been talking for over an hour," I laughed as I looked at the clock.

The time said 9:38 P.M. and I was just full of energy, ready to do all sorts of crazy things. I looked at Kalmyk and we both grinned. As quietly as we could, we walked out of the pack house. The moment we were in the clear, both of us shifted to full wolf, and sprinted into the woods. It felt nice as the breeze rushed through my fur while we rushed through the towering trees. The smell of Pine and Oak was strong ,and comforting with the hint of dampness floating on the wind. There was a scent that was new that didn't smell right, but just for the sake of running I ignored it.

 That proved to be a fatal decision on my part!