Survival of the pugs {pt 2}

CH4

M~

I'm not speaking. I'm wishing that the lotus flower thing is unreal. Its a prank. Please let it be a prank.

Edgar looks at me and I look at him. "Let's just forget about this." He says. Edgar slowly closes the box and hides it under those leaves. "We'll soon think its a joke cause nothings going to happen--"

The ground starts to shake. Harder and harder by the second. "Ed! Run!" I say.

We quickly run to the back door. I come in first. "Eddie! Hurry!"

Edgar quickens his pace. He makes it back safely. We're both panting and gasping for air. "You..." I pause to pant. "Okay?"

Edgar nods. "Yes, I'm fine. What about you? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine. I'm much more worried if you get hurt." I say.

Edgar blinks to the ground. "What was that?"

I don't remember my mouth dropping. "Unexplainable."

Edgar tilts his head. "After I hid that box... the ground started to shake."

I shake my head. "We're were forgetting about that box, remember?"

"Yeah I know... but it makes sense and it doesn't make sense at the same time. " He frowns.

I take a moment to look around the house. "Wait... that was a huge earthquake, why didn't anything drop or break?"

Edgar twists his head to look. "That's weird."

We hear Marzia and Felix talking. They go downstairs and greet us with a simple shake on the head.

"Their acting like the earthquake didn't happen." Edgar whispers.

I try to calculate all my thoughts... I guess there's only one answer. "What if it didn't happen for them, but for us only?"

CH5

E~

"That's not possible." I say.

"Is finding a lotus flower with a bloody paper in it and a earthquake happening after it possible?" Maya raises her dog-brow.

I shrug. "Could be a coincidence."

"Big coincidence, huh?" I say confidently.

~

"Ouch!" I hear someone whine. I followed my ears, and it led to Maya.

"Maya? What's wrong?" I ask.

She let go of the paw that was squeezed on her other arm. She shows me her paw that she let go of. It has blood on it.

"Maya!" I exclaim. "What happened?" I look at her other leg. A nasty cut... My eyes widen.

She blinks. "I didn't realize it there until now." She explains. "I think I cut myself on one of those branches."

"Are you okay? I'm going to get Marzia and Felix." I run to the couch they were sitting on.

I bark, but they ignore me.

I bark multiple times. Ignores me.

I bark nonstop.

"Edgar shh!" Felix shushes me.

I continue to bark.

"Edgar!" Marzia looks at me. "Whats wrong with you today?" She picks me up and walks to the back door.

Maya's infront of the backdoor. Yes!

As soon as Marzia see's Maya, she gasps. "Felix! Come here now..." She puts me down. 

I begin to lick Maya. "Thanks, Eddie." She says.

Felix barges in. "Whats wrong?"

"Look!" Marzia points to Maya's nasty cut. "How did that happen?"

"Maya! Oh no, Maya!" Felix gasps. "We need to get her to a vet!"

Felix carefully picks up Maya. Marzia picks me up.

We head outside to walk towards the vet. Its nearby.

~

"Hello, how may I help you?" The nurse at the front desk asks.

"Our dog, Maya, looks badly hurt." Marzia says in concern.

The nurse takes a good look at that cut. "Thats a nasty one..." she murmurs. "Give her to me, I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you." Felix replies.

CH6

M~

I feel vibration everytime the nurse walks. My hand hurts. It hurts so much. I don't want to show that it hurts infront of Edgar. He's going to worry and I don't want that to happen...

We enter a room and everythings basically white. The walls, the floor, the tables, the needles, the tools... She places me on the table and tells me to sit. The nurse goes and looks for medicine.

I, of course, do what she says.

It hurts even more when I sit.

The nurse comes back with a bottle. I think its Alcohol. Atleast thats what Felix and Marzia say, anyway. 

She applies it onto a cotton ball, and gently rubs it againts my wound. 

It hurts! I spring away.

"Baby, I know it hurts, but you need it." The nurse says.

I settle back down. She applies more, each dab is gets more gentle. It hurts so much, but I have to take it in. 

I didn't even realize that I was whining. I was basically screaming! It felt like someone was stabbing me over and over again. Soon, it felt numb. Which was a good thing. 

The pain started to go away once I began to become used to it.

I feel dizzy... and right there and now, I faint.