|11|

it wasn't long before the competition came and went, providing an unlikely winner who now held Victor's attention. plisetsky was sent back to russia, hurt and unfulfilled.

i sympathized him, but how could i really regret? the results had put off my moving to any foreign country on behalf of my soulmate. perhaps katsuki had done me a favor on this one.

but the real challenges were still at hand, for the grand prix was drawing nearer with each day spent and moving from japan would be inevitable. the idea of following the two skaters to other countries as just an accessory felt pathetic. what was i but extra weight?

"my darling, it'll be fine. i wouldn't even think about going if you didn't come along," he whispered to me, hearing the depths of my mind before a single thought could be put together. my heart felt muddled, twisted at the confusion of the past few days.

"wouldn't it be better if you went along with just katsuki? i mean, i have no need to-"

"i need you. isn't that plenty?" Victor hummed, his lips brushing the edge of my skin. i shivered.

his words fueled me. every syllable was a symphony in my ears.

if he wouldn't grow tired of me, i would follow. perhaps we would visit the country i grew up in, or one i had spent months living in before deciding it wasn't small enough.

"Victor?" i breathed, pulling back from the drugged taste of his saliva. he hummed in response, his fingers gentle prying the jacket off my shoulders. "do you love me?"

he stopped, hands frozen on my hips. his eyes shone sadly, pale lips shining in the fading daylight.

"we're soulmates," he muttered, letting the pale ice within him flint through his fingers, running over the edges of my skin.

"of course i do. ."

*

*shrug*
is this fluff or angst
Author-chan doesn't even know anymore-