The Adventure Starts

"I love you, Penelope."

"I love you too, Odeysseus.", she said and started to walk away from me in the bed while I felt the sunlight reflecting into me. It's already morning.

I started to move as I walk down in my city. Ithica. Oh, I miss this city so much. Many people are greeting me 'good morning' and I just answered them with a smile.

Many years ago. I faced a lot of challenges in my whole life. I admit that I was boastful and too confident on what happened but it helps me a lot to be a better person right now.

"Odysseus, i'm going to the market. You want to go?" I saw Penelope in the kitchen preparing a small bag and maybe she will be putting there the things she'll buy.

"Brilliant. I miss also going to the market." I said.

"Or should I say, you miss everything here."

"Yeah, yeah." , then I heard she chuckled.

•••

People shouting. Children running around. Strange smell. The Market. It's been years I've been here.

"Hmmm. What to buy next?" Penelope is too busy looking on her notes written in a cloth.

"I think you forgot Wine." I suggest her.

"There are no Wine left since the men visited our city. They mostly drink wine everyday." she pointing out to me and back looking to his notes.

Lot of changes since I came back here. I realized Penelope got matured but I still admit that she is still beautiful and Penelope I love and the woman I chose before.

"Hello."

I saw him beside me. Who is he?

"Hello? Uhmm. May I know you?" I ask him. He wears thick glasses and it seems the robe he's wearing is too large to him. And... he's handling a... telescope??

"Hello. I'm Barksus. I'm a inventor and scientist here in Ithica, .... your majesty" he said and followed a bow. He's very polite on his words and intelligent to answer. Penelope stops, and said hi to him. We both look each other and likely we have the same impressions on this guy.

"Well, Barksus, is there anything we can help?" I ask.

"Yes, your majesty. In fact, I want you to invite and try my new invention." My eyebrows raised. I will be trying his new invention?

"With curiosity, what invention is it?" Penelope asked. She's also listening on Barksus. She's interested.

"Maybe we could discuss it in my workplace if you don't mind." he said.

"Sure. But before that, we must finish to buy first, I hope you could wait." Penelope answered.

"Patience is a part of me. I'm happy to wait, your majesty." he said and like we said, we buy the things what we need. And now, we're at the Barksus' Workplace.

"Welcome. May I present to you, Timu Travilius! A machine that can travel any time! Past and the future. Years and centuries. You can go everywhere!"

Barksus take off the cloth from a big thing and I think it's the Time Travilius he's talking. As I analyzed the device, it is combined as metal and wood. All parts we're attached properly. I wonder how long he take to finish this machine?

"I'm hoping you will try the machine, Odysseus." he said. He's calling my real name. Well, that's okay, it's no big deal for me afterall.

"But why Odysseus? How about the other men in Ithica? Or you?" Penelope asked it is concerned. I started out.