Chapter 1

Cameron shook violently as he gripped onto his teddy bear tightly. His slender fingers ran through the fur, then started entangling itself in the red satin ribbon on the neck. He sighed as he sat down by the door with a frown.

His mom and dad are fighting again. He may be blind, only to see complete black but he can still hear. He can hear shrilly yells about some petty issue that he can't understand. Even with his sisters' protection, he still felt awful.

"Cameron? Cameron!" one of his sisters snapped at him. He yelped, letting go of the ribbon on the teddy bear.

"Y-yes A-Aiko..?" he squeaked out, but still audible. She sighed and pulled him closer to her.

"Don't listen to their stupid fights. It's worthless, "she said blatantly. He sighed, leaning against her shoulder. He started biting the top of his cotton sweater, his sister not noticing. He stopped when a piece of string got in between his teeth, spitting it out a second later.

"What did I tell you about biting your sleeve?" she asked, a slight scowl on her face. He wiped his mouth quickly.

"To not bite it?" he answered or asked. She ruffled his hair with a crooked smile. The door suddenly opened, another girl skipping into the room before slamming the door immediately.

"Hey Aiko and Cameron!" she squealed, of course not being oblivious to their parent's fighting. In fact, her enthusiasm was forced. She plopped down next to them with a forced smile.

"Stop forcing it Luck. It's stupidly obvious. You don't smile when your mom and dad are screeching about something stupid," Aiko informed. Luck frowned as she slumped down.

"Yeah you're right.. "she trailed off, now facing the window. Outside, there was a group of children playing, screaming and running around. She wished she had such a normal life, watching her brother run around with a friend as she filmed them happily. She got pulled out of Dreamland when some random kid screamed 'Satan' onto the top of his lungs.

"That's new.. "she whispered, now looking back at her two siblings. Cameron was curled up in his sister's arms, his eyes closed. Aiko stared at the wall, as if something will jump from it. Luck's lips pursed into a smile, but quickly turned into a frown when thuds and shrieking were heard. Aiko slowly stood up, gently placing sleeping Cameron to the side.

"Stay here!" she commanded Luck. Before she got to argue up a reason, Aiko was out the door. She crossed her arms, her patience depleting. Then she was out the door. Leaving sleeping Cameron alone in the room.