Red Against the Snow

(picture above is Rose when she's older)
Rose ran, and didn't stop. Tonight was her 11th birthday, but she lost everything. Her mother, her father....even her siblings. Her whole world fell apart. Her family was murders....by a vampire. She came from a family of Vampire Hunters. But now they were dead. Blood poured from the bite wound in her shoulder.
She came to a clearing and fell to her knees. Tears stung her eyes as the fell down her pale cheeks. She was alone with no where to go. All she could do, was hate herself for being not being strong enough to fight the monster the killed her family. The blood dripped of her neck on to the snow. Red, and lively, against the snow. She could still remember the vampire's touch, and it irked her. But she would not let the monster win. She would find it one day and kill it.
She looked up and saw a man approaching. He red eyes that burned in the moon light. She gasped and was filled with rage, A vampire!, She thought. She stood and grabbed her dagger that was given to just before her family was killed. It was a vampire killer, Leo's Blade and could transform into a saber called the Rose Blade. The monster stopped then spoke.
"I smell you, would you be so kind as to let me drink your blood!" He rushed toward her ready for the kill. She stood her ground, ready to kill the beast. But then....the monster stopped and fell to the ground, his head was bleeding. Another man came forward, eyes glowing like the other one, but not from hunger, but from anger.
"Your a disgrace to vampires!" The man said to the dead vampire. The man, was actually more of a boy. He had long brown hair with red eyes. He walked to Rose, but she took a step back.
"It's okay, your safe now." He said. She didn't know if she could trust him, she knew he's was a vampire too. But somehow she felt safe in his presence, almost like an older brother in way.
"My name is Kaname Kuran, what's yours?" She hesitated. She still didn't know if he can be trusted, but he did just save her life so...
"My name is Rose Blade." She said carefully, not wanting to tell him everything. Kaname's eyes widened, he knew of the family, they were vampire hunters. His didn't widen just because of that fact, he saw the her neck and shoulder was covered blood, but there was no wound...He knew what that meant. He needed to get her to safety.
"Come with me, I'll get you to safety." Kaname held out his hand for her to take. Again she hesitated.
"How do I know I can trust you?" Rose said suspicious. Kaname sighed, but he didn't blame her.
"Well I did just save your life." He said grinning.
"I suppose..." She took his hand. He picked her up bridal style and carried her to her new home.