Chapter 2

Location - Coimbatore Airport

Time - 2:30 PM

Ranjith, the airport customs officer, finished his late lunch and was about to pick up the water bottle. His mobile interrupted him. The call was from a new contact number.

"Hello?"

"Airport Customs?"

"Ya it is"

"Am I speaking to Mr. Ranjith?"

"Yes... who is this?"

"Hello sir... I called you up to do a democratic duty and with your permission, shall I?"

"Before anything that I have to listen, your name please?"

"hmm ok.... Is it fine if my name is Rajinikanth?"

"Listen... You have called the airport... And this is not the place to kill time and play around"

"Ok... Cool... Relax... I called you to provide some useful piece of information. Now, you let me know which one you need, the useful information or my name?"

"Ok...What is that piece of information?"

"Which is the flight that is gonna land next?"

"A flight from Singapore"

"Time?"

"16:25"

"A passenger named Robinson will be arriving in that flight. If you take him to a separate cell and do a complete search, you will get diamonds worth two crores"

Ranjith stood up instantaneously.

"What is the name?"

"Robinson"

"Do you know how is he carrying the diamonds?"

"I don't have a clue on that"

"How do you get this info?"

"Actually my grandfather is a good astrologer and he predicted it"

"I have warned you already. Don't play around here"

"What else do you expect me to say? I have given you some interesting piece of information. You just need to act on it. Instead you are bothered about my name and as how I got this information"

"Dude... To inform this piece of information, you need not call from a public telephone. You can always walk over here into the office, can talk over a cup of coffee. We will not reveal your identity. And if this information is true, we will reward you too"

"Sir... I don't need any of those rewards and respect. I will be satisfied for helping the government. You better concentrate on nabbing this guy Robinson. He will be a well-dressed guy who speaks fluent English with a western slang"

"Are you sure that this information is authentic?"

"Two Hundred percent sure"

"One last question for you"

"Go ahead"

"What is Robinson's business?"

"You can ask this question when you nab him. He will give you a big list. So, please check anything and everything that he has and don't goof up this opportunity"

Ranjith was about to ask the next question. The call was disconnected at the other end.

"Srini?"

Customs assistant officer Srini, dressed in the white uniform, emerged from a room.

"Sir?"

"Do you have the passengers' chart of the Singapore flight?

"Yes sir..."

"Can you bring it for me?"

Ten seconds was the time he took to return back with the chart.

"Sir... Anything important?"

"Yes... What is the passenger count?"

"Men - 95, Women - 57 and kids - 15. 167 in total"

"Can you check the list for the name Robinson?"

"Give me a minute. Let me check"

He searched through the pages and located it in the third page of the list.

"Got him sir. But who is he?"

"Ok... He is our target today. Let us have fun"