Chapter 1: Escape

Start from the beginning

     "So, this is who I'm supposed to be afraid of? Four teens who barely know how to use their powers?" He laughed and Jace rolled his eyes. "I swear, those scouts must have been pulling my leg. I'm amazed these kids can even keep themselves healthy." Jace growled and pulled at his handcuffs. The Grand Master walked over to him and chuckled. "Look at this one. He thinks he's a threat to me. What are you gonna do, lick me?" He chuckled, but Jace sent his skull into the bride of the Grand Master's nose and he fell back.

     Several guards rushed over and kept Jace at bay. "I'd get your arms off me, unless you want more broken bones in your system than functioning ones." The guards were ordered to take us back to the holding cells and we were thrown back into our cells. I chuckled as I looked at Jace.

     "Nice headbutt, man. Feel any good to bust his nose?" Jace chuckled and nodded. I looked around and saw none of the guards or scouts around. "Hey guys, I got an idea on how to get out of here." I began to explain my plan to them, and we all agreed to it. A scout came in to check up on us, but before she could, Jace began to cough.

     "Hey scout person, I think I may need some help here. Think I'm coming down with something." The scout walked over, looking annoyed, and stood in front of his holding cell.

     "We know about your healing factor. You cannot get sick." This made Jace chuckle and he looked at the female scout.

     "Well, there goes that idea. I just wanted your attention." I nodded to Jace and reached my arm out, towards the female's head. "Now listen, I just want to know one thing?" Before the girl could speak, I shot out one of my symbiotes, hitting her directly in the back of her head, and Jace grabbed her by her neck. "Are you gonna let us out, or do I have to break your neck?" Her eyes widened and she grabbed her keys. My symbiote grabbed them and gave them to me. I let myself out and let out the others.

     Jace decided to keep the female as a shield as we made our way out. We ran into a group of guards and they rushed toward us. Kyle kept his hood on as he jumped on my shoulder and leaped above us, taking down the ground of guards. As they tried to restrain him, he was too agile and managed to snap all of their necks.

     "I feel naked without my weapons. You guys go on ahead. I'll find my weapons and join you guys later." He disappeared around the corner and the rest of us searched for the exit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     As I turned the corner, the others left to find the exit. I kept to the shadows as I looked through all the rooms for my weapons. I managed to run into several groups of guards, but none of them saw me as I clung to the shadows. Eventually, I did find the room where prisoner items were stored away. I removed the stupid cloth around my head and put on my actual ash black and midnight blue robes. I pulled the hood over my head and sighed.

     "That's what comfort feels like." I chuckled to myself as I strapped the blades to my wrists. I clicked the pistol holsters around my waist and holstered two pistols in the room. They had disposed of my guns, so I was left with two basic pistols. I grabbed my sword handle and pushed the button, the blade shooting out. I grinned and retracted it, holstering the hilt at my side. I looked around for any other valuable things and I ended up finding a pair of steel-like gauntlets. I wrapped them around my forearms and they fit almost perfectly.

     I pulled my cloth gloves over my hands and left the room without being noticed. I heard an alarm ring and guards began to rush towards a direction. I sighed and assumed what the alarm was. I followed the guards from behind and saw Fang and Blake begin to fight back the large group. I rolled my eyes and walked through the crowd. From the back of the giant cluster of guards, I began to slit their throats with my hidden blades as I made my to the front. One of the guards saw me and rushed towards me with his friends, but I pulled out my sword hit and shot the blade through his chest.

     I fought my way to the front, taking town several guards at once as I got to the others. I helped them fight them back as Jace moved backwards, keeping that female scout in his grip as we made it to the exit. By the time we made it, the exit door was being blocked. I looked at Fang and he turned to run towards the exit. He took out several guards and kept the door open.

     "Come on, guys! Let's go!" Blake and I rushed towards the door and kept it open for Jace. Jace turned and ran with the scout outside. We let go of the door and it slammed shut. We ran for a few more miles until we knew we were safe. After we stopped, Jace looked at the scout and dropped her onto the ground. I knelt beside her and put a blade to her neck.

     "Hang on a minute, Kyle. We can't just kill her. She might have information for us that we can use." Blake looked at the girl and walked over. "Maybe she could help us. Who knows?" I sighed and pulled my blade away from her neck and Jace looked down at her.

     "Alright then. If you want to live, start talking. First off, who are you and why the hell are you helping that guy?"

     She said nothing as she removed her mask, her red hair falling over her head. "My name is Ember. I only agreed to help the Grand Master because I had nothing left to lose. No family, friends, nothing. He found me and made me a prisoner, but I agreed to join him as a scout." Jace looked to the others and we all shrugged.

     "Well you don't have to help him anymore." Blake looked at her as he spoke. "You're free now. You can leave, or you can join us and help take him down." Jace rolled his eyes and offered her a hand up. She took Jace's hand and stood up, then the five of us began to walk to the nearest town. Where we were, we had no idea. All we knew was this was going to be an interesting fight we were getting into.