chapter 7 - Mommie Dearest

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Nicola: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 7.03 "Age of Innocence", in the LA club, Kaylin was dancing on the bar, drinking, on the phone with Nicola.

Nicola was in the hotel hallway. "Does the name Julian Duval mean anything to you?"

From 7.03 "Age of Innocence", in flashback, Julian seduced Kaylin.

Nicola: (voice over from 7.03 Age of Innocence) "He was human when he met you. Lily agreed to turn him if he checked on you."

From 7.03 "Age of Innocence", Kaylin and Nicola were on the phone.

"Lily is looking for Julian as we speak, and she won't stop until she brings him back to Mystic Falls," Nicola told her.

From 7.03 "Age of Innocence", in flashback in the cemetery, Julian was beating Kaylin.

Kaylin: (voice over from 7.03 Age of Innocence) "Julian beat me senseless, till I was nearly dead, and the other heartbeat inside me stopped."

Kaylin crawled desperate toward Lily's headstone, lying on her grave as her child died inside of her, not remembering she came to be this way.

Kaylin: (voice over from 7.03 Age of Innocence) "Julian compelled me to forget everything, but when I turned into a vampire myself, the compulsion faded, and I remembered everything."

From 7.03 "Age of Innocence", Kaylin and Nicola were on the phone.

"Now I know why Lily wanted me gone before Julian came," Kaylin told her. "She knows about the affair he had with her daughter, and she doesn't want me to jeopardize their relationship."

From 7.05 "Live Through This", in the warehouse, Nicola finished telling the story to Stefan, Damon and Cristian after they made her come clean. "That's why I wanted to stop them from bringing him back."

Stefan, Damon and Cristian were still reeling from this confession that they forced out of Nicola, too overwhelmed by this new information to speak.

From 7.05 "Live Through This", in Cristian's House, Liv and Cristian were talking.

"We found out who gave Kai the idea to put Elena in her sleeping spell," Cristian told her. Liv looked at him in confusion, sitting down next to him. "Lily." Liv raised her eyebrows in surprise, horrified. "She wanted to make Stefan, Kaylin and Damon pay for refusing to save her friends in the prison world."

"Knowing that it would punish Alex and me, too," Liv told him.

From 7.05 "Live Through This", on campus, Stefan and Alex were sitting together on a bench.

Stefan had just told her what Cristian had just told Liv. "I'm so sorry, Alex."

"I'm not gonna make a move against Lily," Alex told him. "I hate her, yes. And I want to get revenge for Elena. But losing you over her is not worth it, Stefan."

From 7.06 "Best Served Cold", in the boarding house, Bonnie and Enzo were talking.

"Julian's looking for Oscar's car," Enzo told her. "I intend to find it first."

From 7.02 "Never Let Me Go", in Alaric's office, Nicola looked at the Phoenix Stone in her hands. She was overcome by visions, so startled she gasped.

Damon: (voice over from 7.03 Age of Innocence) "Nikki, how are you even having visions of this thing in the first place?"

From 7.03 "Age of Innocence", in Alaric's Apartment, Damon, Nicola, Liv, Cristian and Alaric were talking.