15 The Hospital

Sorry it's been so long, you might want to go back and read the last few chapters to remember what's going on in the story.

Enjoy! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's POV

I really hope Cath is okay...we were walking out and all of a sudden she just collapsed. I'm glad I had been holding her hand otherwise she would've hit the ground really hard.

Thank God that there was a doctor eating at the restaurant while we were there. I don't know what would've happened if he wasn't there. He asked me if I knew what could have been wrong with her, but I had no idea what could've made her pass out. The only thing I told him was that she had said a few moments before passing out that she didn't feel good. My guess was that her stomach hurt. He said it could be her appendix rupturing.

He was right.

I'm sitting here waiting in anticipation at the hospital with her mom. The doctors took her into surgery the minute the ambulance got her to the hospital. I've been sitting here wondering what I could've done to help her. I felt so worthless the whole time not being able to do anything.

"Is anyone here Cath Larsen's family?"

I recognize this man as one of the doctors performing her surgery.

Cath's mom and I stand up. "Yes, I'm her mother." She rushes over to him while I trail behind.

"Hi, I'm doctor Ben Reed. Well, your daughter is fine but needs a lot of recovery. She is still unconscious but will wake in a few hours. The surgery went very well for how unprepared it was. We were able to remove her appendix just in the nick of time. She's one of the few patients I have seen that survived a ruptured appendix. You're very fortunate." This man looks very tired considering the surgery took 5 hours to complete. He looks like he's in his mid-forties but still fit. He looks relieved that it's over, and so am I.

"Thank you so much for saving my daughter! I have no idea how I could make it up to you." The moment doctor Reed said she was gonna be okay was one of the most relieving parts of my life.

My only thought is can I see her. I need to see her to know that she's okay.

"Are we able to go see her?"

"Yes, you can both stay with her. Just hit the button on the side of the bed if anything goes wrong."

Cath's mom and I head for her room. As soon as we step in, her mom runs over to the bed.

"Oh, Cath! I don't know what I would've done if I lost you too! I'm so glad you're okay!" Tears are running down her face as she's clutching Cath's arm. I pull up a chair for her to sit down so she can still hold on to her daughter.

"Here you go Miss Larsen. Why don't you rest for a bit before she wakes up. I'll watch her."

"Thank you, dear. I appreciate you caring for my little girl. I can tell you love her very much." Hearing these words come from her mom are one of the nicest things anyone has said to me. "I'm sorry for being rude to you when I first met you. It's just been hard lately since her dad left. I think of you as my own son." As she says this, she stands up and hugs me tight. I've never had anyone treat me like this besides my own mother. I finally feel like I belong somewhere.

Cath's mom takes the chair while I go on the other side of the bed and hold Cath's hand. She should be waking up in an hour so I sit on my phone while I'm waiting.

I see on Facebook that it shows a picture of this Niall Horan who is a famous singer. It shows that he's in town for a concert in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll be able to get tickets for Cath and me. I've heard his music before and it wasn't too bad.

It's almost been an hour before I feel Cath stir in her sleep. I stand up to let her know I'm there. Her eyelashes flutter until they're fully open.

"Harry?" She looks so tired.

"I'm right here, Cath. How are you feeling? Any pain?"

"A little bit right here," she says, pointing at the side of her stomach.

"Okay, I'll ring the nurse." I hate that she's in pain right now. It's one of the worst things having to watch the love of your life hurting so badly.

"Thanks, Harry," she croaks with a hoarse voice.

The nurse comes in and puts pain medicine through Cath's IV. The moment it hits her she instantly relaxes back into her bed.

There's a few seconds of silence until she says, "What happened?" She has no idea what's wrong with her. I guess I should've expected that since she just collapsed.

"While we were at the restaurant, we were getting up to leave and you just...passed out. It looked like you were clutching your side. Thank God a doctor was there and told us what the problem was. Your appendix ruptured and we barely got you to the hospital in time. Cath...we almost lost you." I can feel the tears wanting to come out, but I try to hold them back. I just love this girl so much. I couldn't lose her too.

"Oh. All I remember is that my stomach had started to hurt really bad and then I felt a sharp pain and everything went black."

"All that matters is you're fine now. I love you, Cath. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

"I love you too, Harry. I'm gonna try and get some more sleep. I'm so tired." She nestles down in her sheets and within a few minutes she is fast asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey loves!

I know it has been a reaally long time since I updated. I had a lot going on in my life, but it's settled down quite a bit.

I love writing, and now I can actually take the time to write longer chapters for you guys.

PS I still don't have a laptop. Smh

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!!

Love to all my readers!! :)