The tree nymph laughed sweetly as if thinking of fond memories. “Your parents where well loved by the people of Alderyn. You should feel nothing but pride for being one of their children.”

My eyes quickly met the piercing green of the wood nyph’s “Children? Do I have siblings?” my heart was beating so fast I laid my hand on it fearful it might burst through my chest.

The tree nymph smiled, I could see the secret in her eyes. “ I am Apios, and your parents in trusted me with a secret that may bring joy to your sad heart. Come sit in my shade as your mother once did so I may share it with you.”

I basically ran to Apios and sat in her shade excitement and wonder filling my body. Apios and the little water fairy laughed at my excitement and the child came and joined me, sitting at my side in the shade of the magical willow tree.

“Your mother and father were so excited and full of happiness when they found out they where going to be parents. I remember the day they came and told me, I had never seen your mothers smile so large. Their joy was infectious, and by the third month of her pregnancy your parents were already gifted with everything they would need for a child. I remember the loving way your mother rubbed her growing belly singing you lullaby’s as she laid in your fathers lap. The singing birds would even hush and come listen to your mother sing. The months flew by and everything was peaceful. Your mother loved being pregnant, and one day in the early morning you where introduced into the world, but something was wrong. Your mother was still in a great deal of pain.”  Apios laughed as she looked off in the distance remembering.

“I can only imagine the panicked look that your father must have had on his face. Your mother was his world , he wanted nothing more than to make her happy. I am sure he must have felt very helpless , but after another few minutes the reason for her pain was clear. The following day after a little rest I went to see your parents and their new baby.”

My mind was swimming and my heart was in my throat that I barely had time to wonder how Apios was able to go see them. She was a tree how could she move? The question was quickly ignored in my mind as I continued to listen.

“ Imagine my confusion when I heard not one but two cries coming from your parents home. I almost ran right through the door hurrying to see them. Ill never forget the huge tired smiles your parents had on their face, as your mother held you in her arms and your father held your twin sister in his.”

My body stiffened and the words left my mouth in a gasp “Twin sister…” I couldn’t believe it, my mind refused to process the information.

“I had never seen two people more excited! I had the privilege to hear your names first.  Since you where the first born you where given the name Kaylyn Dawn, for the morning.” Apios smiled and winked at me pausing a moment before releasing the name of my sister to me. “And your little sister was given the name Krislyn Eve for being the second born. Their morning and evening their new worlds. The first couple months of your lives were bliss, your parents would bring you to sit and play in my shade several times a week. Always happy always smiling, then one day their faces where tired and your mother was lost in thought and your father seemed distant. They insisted they where just tired, but I didn’t believe them something had happened. What I don’t know, but later that week your parents came to me, your mother had been crying I could see the tear stains on her face and they held on to you and your sister as if you would float away. Your mothers heart was breaking as they told me of their plan to give you to Mary and Jason the couple who raised you, and to give Krislyn to your fathers close friend and a guardian Emery. They refused to tell me the reason for the sudden panic and their reason to separate you and your sister. One going to the world you know and one to be raised here in Alderyn. I was in trusted with the job of telling you of your sister, Fate the wolf you have come to know as your friend was in trusted with training you and keeping you safe. Seems like he at least succeeded with one if not the other… anyway Barbus and his father where in trusted to  keep your armor safe and continue your training. You will meet many more people on your journey I am sure, one who I hope knows what happened to your parents. Dear Kaylyn... when you find out what had happened to put such fear in them and cause there death please come back and let me know. I weep for them still. Ironic that a weeping willow weeps…” She laughed more to herself then to me, and at being reminded that my parents where gone I felt the tears flow. Nothing I could do to bring them back, but I had to find my sister.