Prompt #20

Sentence prompt: You're getting a vasectomy. That's final!''

You were more than a little nervous as you stared up at the monitor beside you, this wasn't your first pregnancy, in fact it was your third but you were still anxious. You and your husband Roman had a 10 year old daughter and a 5 year of son together and you were glad he had been given the day off to come with you to your scan. This pregnancy had been anything but easy for you so far and if you were being completely honest, you couldn't wait for it to be over.

"There we go" the nurse announced just as Roman's hand reached out to join with yours "I'm going to turn on the monitor so you can hear the heartbeats"

"Wait a second did you just say heartbeats, as in two?" Roman asked as you stared at the nurse in shock

"Yes" She confirmed "You're expecting twins"

That would explain it you thought as you the sound of two heartbeats filled the room. You had been irritable for weeks, restless and tired and you knew that somehow this pregnancy was different from your previous ones.

"That's it" you uttered as you looked at Roman "You're getting a vasectomy. That's final"

"Babe" Roman replied as he looked over at the nurse "I don't think now is the time to discuss this"

"That's four kids now Roman FOUR!!" you pointed out as the nurse adjusted a piece of equipment, trying her best not to laugh 

"(Y/N) you know that i've always wanted a big family" Roman replied as you rolled your eyes at him

"And now you've got one" you stated, making it clear to him that the conversation was over for now as the nurse printed out some ultra-sound photos for you to take with you