Prompt #8

Sentence prompt: ''I think i'm in love with you and i'm terrified.''

A few years ago you had promised yourself that you wouldn't let another man control your emotions, you had switched yourself off from love and you had built up a wall so high around yourself that you were sure no one could ever climb it. It was a defensive mechanism, a way of protecting yourself from any more pain, but there was one person that had managed to capture your heart, and that person was your best friend Roman. He knew you better than anyone, and he had opened up and shared his problems with you several times, so you decided to do the same thing. 

You spotted Roman standing by himself backstage, so you seized the opportunity to speak with him face to face

''Can I talk to you for a second?'' you asked as you approached him

''Yeah sure'' Roman replied

He looked genuinely thrilled that you were talking to him because you had been avoiding him. You walked back to his locker room, and he sat down on the bench as he waited for you to say something

''I need to tell you something, and it's not going to be easy for me to say...'' 

''Okay'' Roman replied, a slight hint of concern in his voice

''So the thing is that. Well, the reason I've been avoiding you is...'' You were stumbling over your words, and Roman walked over to you, taking hold of your hand.''I-I think I'm in love with you, and I'm terrified.''

Roman smiled at you ''Well that's great, baby girl! Wait...why are you terrified?'' 

''I've been hurt" you explained "and I'm scared to open my heart up to someone again. " 

''I'd never hurt you (Y/N)" Roman assured."I care about you way too much to do anything like that. "

You knew he was being genuine. If there was anyone worth knocking down your walls for, it was him.