Chapter 8 -That Brown Bag

Chapter 8

Before Nathan could reply, a group of girls entered the bathroom, giving us the weirdest stare.

Nathan and I silently stood up and just walked out. The girls watched us silently as we left. I heard one of them whisper just before I closed the door "They were so doing it."

Nathan grabbed onto my arm and guided me down the hall. Students gave us weird looks, especially when they just saw us exit the girls bathroom together. Can I honestly blame them? No.

"Where are we going?" I asked, even though I really didn't care as long as it wasn't near Miya.

"Your house" he replied as we exited the front doors of the school.

"Why my house? What if my mother’s home?" I asked. Why didn't he bring me to his house...His father never seems to be there and I'm very sure I heard my mother say that his mother didn't live with them.

"Well we will just have to take a chance." he shrugged,  opening his car door for me. I gave him a weird look before getting in.

***

Luckily my mother wasn't home. Nathan and I walked into the house and it was awkward, really awkward.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked looking around boredly.

"I don't know it's your house." He shrugged, a small smug smile on his face.

"Are you kidding me? You dragged me here!" I argued, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes.

"I was joking. Come here." He unfolded my arms and grabbed my hand. If I wasn't so confused I would have blushed under his touch. Nathan lead me to my own bedroom.

"Eh, What do you think you're doing?" I exclaimed. This was going somewhere I wasn't prepared to go. Oh my god what if he thinks I want revenge sex! If he tries anything he'll lose both testicles.

"Don't worry I'm not trying to have sex with you." he said while rolling his eyes. We entered my room and Nathan sat me down on the bed.

"I'll be back in one minute. Don't you dare move." He said holding his finger up to warn me. What was he doing and why was he treating me like I was a dog?

Nathan slowly backed out of the room and jogged down the stairs. Damn that boy was unpredictable. Well this was weird.

I sat there looking around my own room. To put it lightly, it was a total mess. I had clothes everywhere with empty glasses thrown around. I should really clean it some time. I'm sure I have a desk but it cannot be located under all of this. That's how bad it is! Like seriously,  some of the stuff has nearly grown legs and walked out of here. I wouldn't blame it either.

I spent so long looking at the state of my room that Nathan had returned. He held a brown paper bag in his hand.

"What the hell is that? Is it drugs? Oh my god it's drugs, isn't it? Get that away from me! You'll never take me alive!" I tried to escape but Nathan put his arm around me and pulled me back.

"Will you calm down it's not drugs!" He replied. I quickly settled back down and sat on the bed. I was so over dramatic.

"Then what is it?"

"I got this for you." he said, pulling a small box from the paper bag. I looked at him as if he were crazy when he handed me the box. "Open it." He instructed.

Completely lost for words I opened the small box. A silver necklace with a small star pendant laid inside.What the hell.

"Are you joking?" I asked shocked. "I don't know anything about you. I don't even know your last name! I cannot take this, no way." I handed him back the box and crossed my arms.