What in the hell was he going to do? He couldn’t think straight, couldn’t figure out how he got from one strong point in his life to another, one that gave him no strength to get up every day and no longer required his skills from the Air Force. Go figure.

He was so lost in wonder; the only thing that he was acutely aware of was the smell of cinnamon still present in the air -- which he could sense. It was as if the mystery woman left behind a gift for him, an apology for leaving him as well as a present to acknowledge her.

Eyebrows furrowing, Alexander clenched his jaw. He had been played yet again, but by a different woman this time. Just how long would those two keep doing this to him? It had only happened twice, he understood, but the scorching effect of their lips and fingertips left him wanting to beg on his knees for more. Their touch, different from any others he had ever stumbled across, felt like silk wrapping around his arms, his legs, his stomach, his everything. The sizzling snaps of electricity that shot through their skin and seeped onto his whenever they had touched him, their enticing scents that they always carried with them whenever they played with him: he wanted more of it. He was both pleased and angry with that molten lava effect: slightly pleased that they had the power to do that to him out of all people, yet angry that they did it and left him behind to want for more.

He quickly got up, his hands fumbling to zip his pants zipper when the scent of cinnamon was still alive in the room. He came to the conclusion that he wasn’t as angry this time, not when he knew that they would both come back to taste him again; and that’s when he would catch them red handed.

Another knock on the door sounded just as he finished adjusting his raging rod, which clearly was not as easy as it looked. He sat back down quickly, hiding his erection under his desk just as one of his female employees walked over to his desk.

“Evening, sir.” She greeted, giving him a once over, eyebrows raised as her eyes flitted over his rumpled shirt and messy curls.

It looked as if his messy appearance did not surpass anyone as well as he thought it did.

“What?” He snapped, causing the woman’s eyes to widen and shift on her feet quickly. Pulling out a large file from the voluminous stack she had weighing down in her arms, she plopped it down onto his desk.

Alexander frowned, looking down at the file for a moment before letting his orbs wander to the retreating woman that was already walking towards his office door, her back to him.

“Who sent this?” He called to her, halting her in her tracks. She turned around, her eyes still not making contact with his, only settling on looking through the stack of files held in her arms.

“Mrs. Gilles.” She muttered and turned back around to open the door, as if that name would solve anything. “Told me to tell you and whoever’s name is on that file to meet with her soon, or whenever she actually gets a chance, to go over some upcoming merger abou—“the sound of the door slamming shut drowned out the woman’s voice as she walked away.

He had sighed, running a hand through his hair. He did not want to be even in his office at that moment, let alone be working on a merger with some stranger that would most likely get on his nerves every step of the way. With a sigh, Alexander reluctantly opened the bulging folder to scan over the first page and find the awaiting name of the person that he would most likely be spending the rest of the week, or even month, with in his office.

Mira Lexington.