Chapter 5-Dastar

At the Valley of Nye-Ayveri's POV

The only thought that cross my soul as we enter the town of Nye is,

                                                                   Twenty Eight Days Remaining!

The town is extremely tranquil and is getting busier as the sun elevates. Zurien leads us to the center of the town. I get down after which Zurien follows. He burrows a pail from a nearby stall and fills it with water to let the steed refresh itself. While he does so, I glance around pondering of an explanation to bid farewell to Zurien without any suspicion. While I am still lost in thoughts, he inquires,

"Where is your home, Ayvi? I would like to drop you home securely."

I quickly answer, "Thank you Zurien, It is exceptionally kind of you. However, I do not wish to inconvenience you anymore. I will head home myself."

"Is it safe to say that you are attempting to dispense me? I thought you would welcome me for refreshments?", he questions.

I stammer, "No! It is .. in no way like that. I would....would love to welcome you over."

After a moment of considering, "It is...my father might...not like me bringing home a strange...man. I trust you would understand."

He grins and nods, "Clearly I do!"

As we look into each other's eye waiting for either one of us to look away, He speaks, "Well! So this is it then. It was pleasure meeting you Ayvi!"

"It was pleasure indeed! I do not know what I would have done without you. Much obliged to you for everything." I keep speaking, "If destiny wills, we may meet once more. Take care Zurien!"

With that I commence walking away from him. I turn around to see him stand still watching me leave. I smile and wave at him, which he reciprocates. Once I am certain that I am not visible to Zurien, I hustle towards a wood shop which had just opened.

"Good Morning Sir, Could you please tell me where does Gerual live?", he looks at me with a questionable face, unmistakable visible lines on his forehead betokening his old age.

"Did you ask for Gerual?", he substantiates.

"Yes! Yes....that is correct. Where will I be able to find her?", I affirm.

"Oh! She lives in the edge of the town, only couple of miles walk from here. If you go straight up north, you will see a little water well. Take a sharp right from there and head straight for another mile. You will find a minuscule cottage circumvented by cluster of trees and with a lot of animals around. That is where she resides!"

He perpetuates, "Not that it is my business. But young lady, avoid her if you can." He whispers, "She is a witch! We have seen her perform some rites!"

I raise my eyebrows and react with a moderate nod, "Ohh! Thankful to you for your help Sir. I will pay heed to your advice. Have a decent day ahead"

A witch! If this is valid, how does Vaidan know her?

I take the right from the well as I was advised and stroll for quite a while. I see no visible human life, with the exception of few birds and animals. The path doesn't appear treaded by many, as it is secured by leaves and is surrounded by gigantically colossal trees.

I pivot as I sense strides behind me. But I see none tailing me, this must have been my imagination! 

I begin accelerating and find a tiny house encompassed by trees at a distance.  I am breathless as I approach the stone house. It has roots and grass growing on its external walls, yet has been extremely well kept. It is stunning! So beautiful!