Chapter 3-The Savior

Hello Everyone! Here is an updated version of the map. This is to help you all visualize the story better. Hope it helps. Thanks for reading :). Your comments would mean a lot to me, so please do comment and let me know how you liking the story so far. 

Enjoy <3

Near the Town of Donrey-Zurien's POV

The moonlight becomes brighter as the night develops; we ride towards Donrey, the town closest from the fringes of Ather and Nyesta.

"My name is Zurien. What do people call you?", I attempt to strike a discussion with the beautiful lady riding with me. She answers, "Ayver... Ayvi."

"That is such a wonderful name! Suits you well. Now that I think of it, it takes after the name of princess of Ather. Anyone could easily confuse you for a princess."

I hear her take a deep breath after which she stays quiet. It shows that she wouldn't like to provide a response to the remark, hence I do not stress further on it and move onto a fresh discussion.

"Where are you heading, that too solitary through the forested areas of Ather? You do realize that it is dangerous to be out near the forest in the midst of the night", I probe her further about her final destination.

She hesitates and stammers, "I..I am going to..Napala. My father resides there, he is ill...I have to be with him."

"Ah! Don't you have siblings living with your father?" I inquire.

She falters, "Yes! 2 elder brothers. But..but they are away for work."

"I see. You must have a very doting family", I reply.

"Yes...I do!", she answers softly and goes quite once again.

This time, the sadness in her tone, mirroring her tensed state of mind was quite visible. I try to redirect the topic of discussion in an attempt to lighten her up, "You must have had numerous proposals since....since you are gifted with an unearthly beauty! Am I right?"

I could sense her discomfort; she endeavors to avoid as much as physical contact as possible. Her tone turns stiff and all I aurally perceive is, "None". After this, she ascertains that no conversation linger longer. Either I have very much offended her or she is a shy woman! Should I apologize?

After a few minutes of silence, I decide to speak up once again. "Am I making you conscious? I apologize if that is the case"

She sighs and answers without a stop, "I apologize! It is not you! I simply do not wish to converse with anyone at this moment. I have a lot going on and I require some lone time to collect my thoughts. I can't squander a moment on anything. Nothing is more important than my family right now. I have to be there on time! Else..."