Chapter 2-Leo's Jam

Aspen stood at her locker, when Leo walked over, and pulled her towards Adam and Chase.

"Guys, with the dance coming up I though you could use a lesson on how to ask a lady out." Leo said.

"Oh, great! Do you know a guy who could teach us?" Adam asked.

"Me," Leo replied. "You're gonna watch me ask out the girl of my dreams, Danielle."

"Danielle? Isn't she the girl who uses you as a foot stool in math class?" Chase asked.

"Where else is she supposed to put her feet? On the floor? Open your notebooks boys because class is in session.

Leo walked over to Danielle as the three watched him flirt with her. "Hello Danielle. Do you know how much a polar bear weighs? Enough to break the ice."

"Anyway, Aspen. Do you have a date to the dance?" Adam asked, and she looked up at him.

"No. I usually skip out on the dance and sit in my room, eating ice cream and yelling at Damon Salvatore on Tv for being such an idiot over his feelings for Elena, who should just die because nobody likes her." Aspen shrugged. "And that's how I'm gonna do this dance?"

She turned around, and walked off to her locker again as Leo walked back.

"Hey, Leo, why doesn't Aspen go to dances?" Adam asked, watching her.

"Aspen doesn't go to school dances because in 8th grade she found her date kissing her best friend in the janitors closet." Leo said, "She's hated going ever since. She turns everyone down that ask her to the dance. Her mom tries to et her to go all the time, she never does." Leo said, before walking off.

++++++

Aspen walked into the school, late. She had a lunch date with her dad. She turned the corner and saw Adam under some lockers.

"Uh, why's Adam under lockers?" She asked, and the three boys looked at her.

"We're helping Leo get Danielle to go to the dance with him." Chase said.

Leo was pacing back and forth when Chase told them Danielle and her friends were coming.

"Commence phase one of operation: Lady for Leo." Chase said.

Aspen leaned against the walls, with her arms crossed, watching.

"Oh no! This man is trapped. He looks like he needs a hero to save him."

"I will take charge and heroically do just that."

With Adam doing all the work, Leo pretended that he lifted the lockers off Adam. "Oh you're a true take charge hero."

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe that just happened." Danielle said.

"You and me both honey." Aspen mumbled.

"You know. It takes a big man to do something like --" Danielle walked right passed Leo to Adam.

"Glade your not hurt." She said to Adam. "You must be so strong."

"Wait, what? No! He's not the strong one! I'm the strong one. I'm the strong one! Hero!"

Danielle ignored Leo, "Maybe I should walk you to the nurses office."

"Oh but what about Leo?" Adam asked, sneaking a glance at Aspen, who was playing with her fingers.

"He's not hurt."

"Look at me! I'm an opened wound."

Danielle asked Adam to the dance, and walked away.

"Great plan Chase."