Chapter 3 ~ [ Deals with the Devil ]

Start from the beginning

"Takeo, where's Guren?" she finally whispered, starting to make her way back the way she came.

On his way to get three students to make a contract with a demon from the Black Demon Series, came Takeo's answer, echoing inside her head like any other thought, except this was sharper and she hadn't thought it.

"Who's with him?"

Yuuichiro, Yoichi, Kimizuki, Shinoa, and Second Lieutenant Sayuri.

"Guren, that jerk..."

She frowned, getting the urge to punch Guren in the nose for even daring to get the idea of making a contract with a demon inside the poor boy's head. Yoichi might have been mentally strong, but his feelings were fragile. His soul and body wouldn't be able to retain a demon without some help.

"Takeo, can you get me there before it's too late?"

Only in exchange of blood.

She rolled her eyes at his greedy response. He was supposed to follow her orders, they had a deal, but he never followed the rules because he was going to keep possessing her either way. "Fine," she grumbled finally, "but get me to them first."

She could almost see Takeo grin triumphantly in her mind. Deal.

One second, she was running through the school building, the next, she was falling into a type of abysmal black void. All the sense of reality disappeared around her with a shrill screech of air displacement. Her hair whipped in front of her eyes as she fell, her whole abdomen feeling like it was going to be ripped away from her by gravity. Shutting her eyes tightly, she held her breath and waited for the falling to stop.

With the sound of crashing waves and wind sighing around her, (y/n)'s ears popped and she fell on her butt. Her spine curdled with the thin prickling of pain when it connected to the ground roughly, and she resisted the urge to yelp in pain.

"(Y/n)?"

She opened my eyes, squinting at the faint contrast of light from the void she had just gotten out from and the real world. She was underground, just outside the elevator where Guren and the rest had come through. The place was colder than it should have been in a warm spring morning, but there was a feeling of thick danger that overwhelmed the coolness of the air in (y/n)'s mind. She didn't like this place at all.

Guren was staring down at her, amusement and confusion shinning through his expression. He rose a thin brow. "How did you get here?"

(Y/n) pouted, innerly whining about the rough landing Takeo put her through. She was sure he had done it in purpose since she couldn't control shadow traveling like he did and he found abusing her quite funny.

Shadow traveling wasn't her favorite way of getting from one place to another, but it was the quickest and easiest way to do so. All Takeo needed was a shadow to get her into and one to get her out of. He could usually control the toughness of the travel, but he just loved to see her land on her butt every time he literally hauled her out of the shadow instead of easing her out. She just hoped her blood was as sour as her mood when he asked for his part of the deal.

She remembered Guren was still expecting her answer and the girl dusted her uniform skirt, shrugging. "I came out of your shadow."