Chapter Seven: Laugh

"Ari, have you ever seen the 'Grape Lady Falls' video?" Jon asked from across the table.
"Yes! I also heard about when you made him laugh by quoting it during a performance."
Jom cracked a grin. He had already performed his King George songs for the rehearsal, and had changed out of his costume. Still smiling, he seized my hand, and we sprinted out into the theater. Lin was alone in the middle of the stage, singing the first few lines of "Hurricane". Jon and I took seats in rhe first row. Angie was there, watching her father intently with glassy eyes. Jon didn't move until Lin hit the chorus.
"In the eye of a hurricane there is quiet, for just a moment, a yellow sky."
Without warning, Jon lifted up his hands and cupped them around his mouth.
"EEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUGHEEEEEEUGHEEEUGH, I CAN'T BREATHE!!!"
Lin, froze, wide-eyed, and began to laugh hysterically, arms wrapped around his stomach as he doubled over. Angie, Jon and I joined in as the music was cut off.
"JON! SERIOUSLY?! AGAIN?!"
Jon could only laugh, jump up, and run back through the doors. Angie and I glanced at each other, and followed him just before Lin leapt off the stage and tore after him.
"I know you girls were in on this. Now you have to help me find him," Lin chuckled. So the search began. We all split up, heading in different directions. I was in charge of checking the dressing rooms. I didn't find him. Heading back into the break room, I heard a small noise coming from a large cupboard. Edging towards it, I slipped my thin fingers around the metal handle. When I flung the door open, the smiling faces of Angie and Jon were briefly revealed before the yanked me inside, pulled the door closed, and enveloped us all in darkness. Our collective breath thickened the cramped air, and we snickered as we listened to Lin searching for us. His footsteps drew near.
"Jon, if you're in the cupboard, I swear to God..."
I could actually hear Jon smirking next to me.
"I have both of the children hostage. Open the door, and I'll tickle them to death."
Angie gasped in fake terror.
"Nooooo! Don't open the door, Lin!"
Everything was really dark, and the air was growing more humid. I really needed to breathe something fresh...
"Don't, Jon! That's diabolical!"
The claustrophobia was getting too hard to handle. Squeezing my eyes shut, I kicked the door open and filled my lungs with new, cool air. Lin shuffled out of the way as I clambered clumsily out of the cupboard, stretching my curved back.
"You okay?" Angie's voice asked from miles behind me. I turned around and gave her my most convincing smile.
"I'm fine. Just hungry."
And then we all ate lunch. It was great.
Sorry this chapter is very short and very weird. I have the flu, and I honestly can't distinguish what sounds weird and what doesn't. Apologies. ¿Ciao?