I Matter Too.

Today was an yet another long-ass boring day. Why can't school evolve into something students can enjoy? When is anyone in charge going to realize that if every single person involved hates a system, maybe, just maybe, there are some changes to make? What is their point? All we do is stupidly follow an industrialization-model education that promotes obeying and respecting authority so -back then- kids would be trained for factory work! Not to question, just listen. I mean, just take a look at how much power our schools have over us! All they do is discipline us! If you think about it objectively, isn't it crazy that some people would have authority over how other people dress, when they wake up, eat, sleep, or speak?? Isn't it crazy, too, that after a 10-hour school day, hours are left of work and stress? When will they stop invading our lives? Although some may believe otherwise, we're not just students, we're humans, too. We have, you know, personalities and stuff! I even heard that our feelings are valid, once. Not too sure about it, though. Like, isn't it common knowledge that people are given a heart only when they reach adulthood?
Of course, when my mother asks me how my day was, I don't utter any of that, instead half-heartedly shrugging.
I hear her sigh as she grabs an apple and walks out the kitchen, and keep scrolling through my phone. As she rounds the corner, she throws a "stop jeeking" my way. Little does she know, it's 'geeking', and I'm discussing the forthcoming revolution of the proletariat with a friend, which I don't think qualifies as geeking, but I don't correct her either.
Time rolls around, and I distractedly pick on grapes until it's 6 and I'm officially allowed into my room again. Yes, my mother wants me to stick around 'in the open', so I can't lock myself up before 6 pm.
But soon, I'm sure she'll reconsider if I gain weight with hanging out in the kitchen, since she hates it when my body conflicts her stereotypical and destructive ideals of beauty.
Once I'm comfortably sat on my bed, I indulge in a bit of Netflix. Tonight's Friday, and it would be responsible to start working, but I've decided I'd take every bit of freedom at its cost.
Thrilled, yet stressed by my hypochondria, I click on 'House', picking up the show where I left it, wondering if any of the bullshit they say is actual medical knowledge.

I Matter Too. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara