Preference #6: Song Preference "Into the Wild" by Lewis Watson

Calum:

take my hand and let go

i just want you to know

you're the only one that pulls me in

you changed everything

You're sprawled out on the couch in your best friend Calum's living room having a horror movie marathon. He's sitting up with his legs Indian style and your head is in his lap as he absentmindedly plays with your hair while you two watch Paranormal Activity. You wince at one of the scenes, and your hands fly up to your eyes, covering them out of fear. Cal chuckles at you, leaning down and kissing your forehead.

"It's not even gory," he teases. "I thought you liked psychological thrillers," he adds, using your own words against you. You spread your fingers apart a little and peek at Cal through them.

"I thought I did," you whimper, playfully pouting at him. He smiles, shaking his head as he grabs the remote and pauses the movie. He takes your hands and gently lifts them away from your eyes, enveloping them in his much larger ones.

"All better," he replies with a winning grin. "Besides, I like talking to you better anyways." You immediately feel your cheeks heat up as you blush and scrunch up your nose. As soon as you make the face, Calum cracks up laughing at you.

"What?!" you insist, starting to giggle yourself. "Oh my god, why are you laughing at me?" You sit up and scoot away from Calum playfully, trying to stop laughing to no avail. Cal continues to laugh as he slides over next to you, easily scooping you into his lap and wrapping his arms around your curled up body.

"You're just adorable. That face was so cute and funny," he murmurs as you lay your head on his shoulder. You nod, tracing the tattoo on his collarbone with your finger as he looks down at you, admiring your soft, pretty features.

"What's your next tattoo going to be?" you wonder out of the blue after a few moments of silence. Cal thinks for a second, then whispers something so softly that you can't even hear it. "What?" you ask gently, looking him in the eye.

"Your name, maybe," Calum admits as he blushes deeply. You giggle a little and kiss his cheek.

"Yeah, very funny," you tease as you playfully roll your eyes.

"No, love. I'm serious," he responds as he looks you straight in the eye. "Do you know how obsessed I am with you, (Y/N)? Do you know how badly I want you? Just take a chance, come on, beautiful. Just give me one chance. I know it's new and different, but I want to try. You're the only one for me." Cal looks at you for a moment longer, then sighs and looks away, dragging his fingers through his hair as he starts to release you from his grip. You tug on his singlet lightly, and he turns his attention back to you.

"I'm willing to give it a shot, Cal. I'm just...surprised that one of us finally admitted it," you reassure him with a little giggle as you lean in for a sweet kiss.

"I love you," he whispers after pulling away. You feel butterflies rise in your stomach as you smile widely at him.

"I love you too," you answer softly. A few months later, your name is tattooed on the inside of Cal's forearm.

Ashton:

step out into the wild

there's a beautiful storm in your eyes

we're perfectly intertwined

and if it's quite alright

you could be my way of life