Prologue

It's New Years Eve, and mom, Harry, the twins and I are in Harry's yacht in St. Bart's. It feels good to travel away from home and get away from everything. These last few weeks have been stressful as hell, with mom placing a restraining order against Ryan, and she forced me to put a restraining order against him as well. 

I also got into a fight with Harry, because he was being totally unfair and accused me of trying to 'steal' mom away from him, which is totally ridiculous. So now Mom's mad at me for getting into a fight with Harry, Harry's mad at me for getting mom stressed again, and I'm mad at both of them for making me feel bad. 

Mom won't go anywhere without the twins now, they're literally attached to her hip. Ever since Ryan crashed the party, mom hired bodyguards, set up cameras, and she even hired security guards to escort me everywhere, which is really annoying. 

"Mom, can I talk to you?" I ask her. "What is it?" She asks. "I'm sorry about the fight before. I'm just really stressed out about everything," I say. She nods her head and hugs me. "Leslie, I know it's going to be hard allowing another male figure in your life, and I know you're struggling. I know it's hard. And he's trying as hard as he can," she says. 

"I know. I'm going to apologize to him right now," I say and I get up. I walk over to Harry's room. He looks up from his laptop when I walk in. "Hey Leslie," he says stiffly. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I don't want mom to be stressed out anymore," I say. He nods his head. "I accept your apology." He says. 

"Well, I also wanted to say that I'm not trying to steal mom from you. It's just you guys hang out so much now that I miss having her as my best friend. She's just so busy all the time," I say not trying to cry. Harry gets up and hugs me. 

"It's okay Leslie. It was very immature and selfish of me to say that. You're a great kid, you know that? Most of the time that I spend with Kendall, she talks about you," he says. "Really?" I ask him. "Yes. She's very proud of you," he says smiling and let's go of me. 

After that I leave and check on the twins. They're sleeping peacefully. I'm actually kind of bored on this yacht by myself. I have no one to talk to, and mom and Harry are always together. I'm going to New York on January 5th, for no other reason but to see Daniel again. I told my mom it was for a Forever 21 meeting, but I'm just going because I want to talk to him. 

If I try to tell mom that the only reason I'm going to New York is to see a boy I barely know, she'd lock me in my room. But I think that I'm responsible enough to make my own decisions, and I want to see him. 

"Les! There's 10 seconds until the ball drops!" Mom yells. I run into the main room, right as the 1 is going off. "Happy new year!" Ryan Seacrest yells. Mom and Harry kiss, and I smile. Maybe this year will better than last year. 

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Happy New Years! Here's the prologue to Beautiful Now! The chapters will be much longer and more interesting, and I can't wait to start writing! May all of you guys have a blessed and joyful 2017! Love ya! XOXO- Sophia💜