Chapter 1 - I am Fabian

Start from the beginning

"You sure he's here?" One of the voices asked the other.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Can't you smell him? This whole area smells absolutely divine. And haven't you heard about the young leopard shifter who's been spotted around these parts? Talk is that he's the lone survivor" the other voice responded.

"Mm, now that you mention it I do smell him. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the sweet nectar that is leopard blood in a long, long time, brother" the first voice hummed.

It didn't take a genius to figure out they were talking about me, and that they knew I was here.

One of them opened the back door slowly, and walked into the house. My whole body tensed as a gust of wind made their scent hit my nose. So that explains their conversation. Not humans.

Vampires.

I should have realised sooner! I'm not safe here, I need to go, now! Mother warned me about vampires, that they would hurt me, that I mustn't trust them! That leopard blood was irresistible to them...

At that moment, I honestly thought my life was going to end. The vampire looked up, his red irises locking with my own eyes. He grinned at me, the dim light showing off his deadly fangs.

"I found him, brother" he said calmly, not breaking eye contact with me. And then another, identical figure came into view, his eyes trained on my cowering form. But I couldn't break eye contact with the first man, it was like I was stuck in a trance...

"Grab him. He's coming back to the clan with us" the first spoke again, breaking me out of my paralysis. I knew they'd be on me in a heartbeat if I were to run out into the open forest, so I did the first thing that came into my head.

I darted out of the corridor and under the bed as fast as I could. Dark, small spaces have always been a source of comfort for me.

"Zion, I think he's scared" one of the voices said softly. I heard the other scoff, before a red iris came into view, seeming to cut through the darkness underneath the bed.

"Come out, little leopard. You can't stay under there forever" the other voice mocked. "You needn't be afraid of my brother and I. Just come out nice and slowly and shift into your human form, there's a good boy"

I did indeed come out, but not nice and slowly. I pushed one of my feet off the back wall and sprang forward, propelling myself towards the open door...

But I was too slow. The other vampire slammed the door shut, causing me to skid to a sudden halt. I turned around again quickly, aiming to get back under the bed, but again, I was too slow. The one who had been looking at me under the bed was waiting.

He blocked my path and threw a blanket over my head, disorienting me. Unsure what else to do, I shook furiously, trying to dislodge he obstruction. I heard them both chuckle, before one of them picked me up.

"Wow, he's awfully small and light for a leopard shifter" the voice exclaimed a he pulled the blanket back so I could breath. I struggled in his arms, but in my heart I knew it was useless.

My mother had told tales of the physical prowess of vampires, and how they overpowered us in pretty much every way imaginable. They overpowered almost every species imaginable, save for the demons and in most cases, warlocks.

"Quiet down, little leopard. You have no choice but to accompany us now" the one holding me spoke softly, lulling me into a calmer stare. I think I prefer this one, whatever his name is. I haven't heard it mentioned, but I know the other one is called Zion.

"Hm, I kinda like his feistiness though" the vampire named Zion said. "I'll bet he's a real freak in bed" he added, to which his brother shot him a glare.

"Zion! We came here to take the boy in, not scare him half to death!" The one holding me growled. "It's the least we can do after our parents..." he trailed off.

"Yeah yeah. I know why you wanted to find him. And although I was against this idea at first, I have to admit I wouldn't mind a cutie like him accompanying me to-"

"Zion"

"What? If his leopard is this cute, imagine his human! And he's gonna be naked when he changes back, so I'll get a full body view of his unclothed glory! Sign me up so I don't miss the show!"

"Zion!"

"Fine. Let's just go already. The boy is filthy, so that's the first thing we need to do before we take him to father like we promised" Zion said, turning on his heel to leave.

I looked up at the vampire holding me, desperate to know his name. But I couldn't ask, and he wouldn't understand if I tried...

"My name is Chase, my little leopard" I told me with a smile, seeming to understand what I wanted to ask. "Please excuse my twin, he's a little... obnoxious, and forward with what he wants. But I'd be lying if I told you I don't desire the same things that he does, little one"

I could only stare back, a little curious. At first, I was afraid. I've not been in touch with anyone for a long time, and I've never come face to face with a vampire. But the feel of another being's body, the sound of another's voice, was enough to calm me. And the fact they purposefully came looking for me made my heart sing in delight. Somebody actually cared!

Don't misunderstand me. I don't trust these men, not one bit. But I need another's company, and that's what they're offering. Well, not exactly offering, as they're giving me no choice. But I don't really care at the moment.

For the first time in years, somebody is holding me with the care that I have craved since my leap left me all alone.

__________________________
New story! I haven't (as usual) planned this out at all, but oh well we'll see where it goes xD

Any feedback is welcome, especially since this is the first chapter >w<