Interrogation

When there is no answer at the door, I turn and start to walk away. Denis caught my arm.

"You can't back out..not now anyway. We need answers." He says slowly.

I alomost choke on my laughter.

"Denis, dear. I don't need answers. It's Boxing Day. I should be out shopping with all my friends and fighting over the last pair of shoes on sale. Not-" but I am interrupted by the door opening.

Denis looked at me and nodded. I nodded back. "As soon as you see Hideki, you grab her but not violently. And ask for answers." Denis whispered.

Then as soon as I see Hideki I grab her by the shoulders and scream, "We need answers! Tell us answers!"

"Ugh, (your name)!" Denis grumbles. "I didn't mean grab her and literally choke her to death."

I guess it was my own fault that I hurt my hand while grabbing Hideki.

"Hideki," I said trying to be calm. "We know you kept passing drinks to Denis at the party."

She looks at me and I noticed her eyes are red like she was either rubbing at them or crying.

"It's true.. I just wanted to see him mad at you." Hideki says quietly.

"Why?" I prompted.

"Well, I was a jealous because Denis was so close to being my best friend. He used to be best friends with Natasha but.. I ended it. Then you came and I felt so angry. All my hard work wasted! I wanted Denis to be my friend and mine only." Hideki said in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Lot of jealousy in the air," Denis said. "But who's really behind it?"

I looked at him exasperated. Could he really be this blind?

"Uh.. Denis.." I start.

"It can't be Hideki. She wasn't talking to me about all these plans before when I was drunk." Denis said wondering. "She was talking to me about C.A.T"

I was interested. "What is C.A.T?" I asked.

"It's the secret agent group that I used to go to." Hideki spoke up.

"What do you wear? Black clothes?" I asked.

"We wear normal jeans and a cat hoodie." Hideki replied.

"Who's in the group? You never told me." Denis asked.

"Astelle and that's all. She gives me lots of ideas if I need help. And in the secret agent group she spies on people. I don't. I'm not even in the group anymore." Hideki says.

I had no idea where this was heading.

"Erm..did Astelle perhaps um.. I dunno.. give you the idea of getting me drunk?" Denis asked.

Hideki's face  turns from confusement to understandment and finally to anger.

"She said she was going to help me. She said I should do this because Denis hated me. She said that (your name) was going to be happy to be rid of Denis. But when it actually happened, I was so scared!" Hideki exclaimed.

"I don't want to ruin your friendship guys!" said Hideki. "Thats all I can tell you about Astelle but all I wanna say is.. stay being best friends."

We turned to walk away. But then I turned around and ran towards Hideki.

"You may like me or not but.. Truce?" 

Hideki smiled. "Truce."

And even though we weren't properly friends, it felt like we were.