impossible • anthony davis

Start from the beginning

Brynn couldn't believe he'd forgotten their anniversary. He'd never forgotten anything; he'd given her gifts on the anniversary of the day they first met, the day they went to prom together, his first NBA meeting he brought her too—the list goes on and on.

It just wasn't like him to forget, she could've obviously reminded him, but she was for sure he was going to remember.

----------------------------------

"Thank you guys for helping me set all of this stuff up. Brynn looked like she was ready to cry when I left her at the house." Anthony chuckled, paying for various things to surprise Brynn with.

Little did Brynn know, Anthony did not forget their three year anniversary. He'd actually been planning for it three months ahead. He wanted everything to be perfect, and didn't want to disappoint.

His teammate, Jrue Holiday, sat down in a chair beside Anthony's. "You're lucky I like you enough to help you with this."

"Really, it's that big of a deal I asked you to come and taste food?"

"I just like giving you trouble. I love Brynn and this is some of the most romantic stuff I've seen you done. It's actually sickening."

"Whatever, you know what else I need you to do right?"

"Yes, to get there before you and light all the candles."

"Okay, one more stop after this and then you are free."

"What else do you possibly need, Romeo?" Jrue questioned.

"Brynn needs an outfit."

------------------------------------

"Hey, Brynn, I got you something." Anthony said as he jogged up the stairs towards his room.

"What is it?" Brynn removed herself from the bed, standing in front of him, hopeful he finally remembered.

"I saw this dress, and I knew you just had to have it. It's going to look amazing on you, go try it on."

Brynn sighed heavily, moving towards the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She thought he would've remembered by this time. He was gone longer than she expected him to be, but that wasn't really a surprise.

She pulled the dress out of the box that was carefully wrapped, and gasped quietly. The dress was beautiful. It was a burgundy shade, a long flowy train, with lace as the bodice of the dress. After trying it on, she left the bathroom looking for Anthony. When he came back into the room, he was dressed in a tux.

"Wow, I knew you would look sexy in that dress." He pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. "These are for you, baby girl."

"Anthony, what is going on?"

"Oh come on, don't tell me you forgot? I know you didn't. It's our anniversary today."

"Anthony, I thought you forgot." She laughed, smelling the flowers.

"Good, that was the plan. Here, put these on." He gave her a pair of heels that matched the dress. "Let's go. I've got stuff for us to do." He grabbed her by the hand and she couldn't stop the smile that was spreading across her face.