mistaken assumptions • kevin durant

Cause girl you're perfect
You're always worth it
And you deserve it
The way you work it
Cause girl you earned it
Girl you earned it

Earned It~The Weeknd

--------------------------

Bre sat in her car in the driveway of Kevin's house. She was waiting there to confront him about some news she'd received from a close friend of hers.

Her friend told her that she saw Kevin with another woman at a restaurant. This didn't sound like Bre's boyfriend at all, but once she sent her a picture of the two making intimate gestures; that was all Bre needed to see.

Bre and Kevin met at her cousins wedding. Bre was a bridesmaid, and she was expected to wear the typical ugly bridesmaid dresses. Kevin saw her, and was in love at first sight. He still managed to notice her beauty despite the hideous dress she was required to wear.

Bre didn't even want to think about the possibility of Kevin cheating on her. Kevin has always been faithful, and it was just out of the ordinary. He did leave unexpected and didn't tell her where he was going, which gives her a reason to be a bit suspicious.

Bre turned around to the sound of Kevin's car pulling up behind hers.

Kevin smiled to himself at this nice surprise. He didn't expect to see her until at his game later on.

"Hey, baby," he greets walking up to her and trying to pull her to him.

"Where were you, Kevin?" Bre asks, crossing her arms across her chest.

"What are you talking about?" He gives a confused look, holding his hands out.

"Where were you? Don't lie to me either."

Kevin thought of anything to tell her besides the truth, he had a reason for where he was.

"Kevin, answer me." Bre demanded, snapping him out of his train of thought.

"Bre, before you get mad-"

"Before I get mad? So now I have a reason to be upset with you?"

Kevin knew how Bre could get, and most of the time her temper wasn't the easiest thing to deal with.

"Tell me what you think I was doing." Kevin said, leaning his tall frame against his car.

"My friend saw you out at a restaurant with another woman. What is going on, Kevin?"

"Before you start assuming things, you should've just waited to ask me. I'm not cheating on you, I swear." Kevin rushed out.

Bre glared at Kevin, giving him a chance to really come clean if he was lying.

Kevin gave a deep sigh, and rolled his eyes slightly. "I know that look, and it means you don't believe me."

"Damn right," Bre replied with an attitude.

"Why would I cheat on you, Bre? We've been dating for two years. You really think I'd throw it away for a one night stand?" Kevin threw back at her.

Bre couldn't even really respond and she knew Kevin wasn't like that. She just wanted an explanation about why Kevin had been acting different, and all of a sudden he turns up with this new woman.

"Kevin, just tell me what you were doing with her then and I'll drop it."

"I can't." Kevin said quietly, as he avoided her gaze.

"I can't believe you," Bre sighed. "I'm leaving."

"Wait, you're still coming to the game right? I need you there," Kevin grabbed her arm and his frame towered over Bre.

Bre saw a bit of vulnerableness in Kevin's eyes which is what made her stop from snapping on him.

She simply gave him a nod, and walked to her car and drove off.

--------------------------

Kevin had gotten Bre possibly the best seats she could have. She was sitting court side, and she was directly across from his bench.

Now as she looked over, both teams weren't on their bench. It was halftime, so Bre busied herself with her phone and wasn't paying attention to anything around her.

"Bre, will you please come to the court?" Kevin's voice asked. Bre was looking for him, and she didn't see him. Standing slowly, she walked to the Thunder logo, and knew everyone's eyes were on her.

"Bre, you've made me the happiest man ever. I know that I can get on your nerves sometimes, and you still put up with me is how I'm certain that you're the one for me." Bre still didn't see where Kevin was, and she wished she could see him.

"I still remember the first time I met you, and I told you that you looked beautiful in that hideous dress. I flirted and flirted with you, until you finally agreed to go out with me." Kevin held the microphone and he stepped in front of Bre.

"You are my everything, and I love you so much." Kevin motioned for someone to come over to him and it was the woman from the photo. She handed Kevin a velvet box, and she realized that was just his jeweler.

He bent on one knee, and opened the box. "Will you marry me?" He asked, biting his lip in anticipation.

Bre nodded her head frantically, and the whole arena erupted into loud cheers. Kevin stood, hugging Bre and picking her up off of the ground, kissing her.

Once he set her down, Bre smacked his arm. "I can't even be mad at you, because the argument was my fault." She laughed along with him.

"I guess that's what you get for assuming things."

--------------------
For simplydope_
I really hoped that you liked this!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️