~The Ball~ (PART ONE)

.
.
.

Michelle's POV

It was finally the night of the ball, and to say I was nervous was an understatement! I was walking to my last class with Katie, George, Angelina, Fred, and Oliver. Why did they have to have the ball on a Friday night? If you ask me, telling the female species that you have to go to classes until 5:00, have a house meeting for 30 minutes, and then have only an hour and a half to get ready is a far fetched idea! But somehow, we'll make it work. Anyways, we all walked into Transfiguration, to find that Mcgonagal was just getting ready to assign our new seating chart for next week. She began by saying "Now, we will be doing a project that will take us all the way into winter holidays starting next week. You will be working in pairs that I have already chosen. You are to sit with your partners unless otherwise instructed! Now, Bell , Weasley G; please sit over here in the front!" Katie blushed while George took her hand and led her to the front of the room. "Angelina and Fred, to the far left in the front row, please." They smiled at eachother and walked to there spot. " Smith and Wood, front and center please! Right in between the twins and their partners!" I looked up at Oliver to find him already looking at me. He grabbed my hand and lead me to our new seats. We listened to Mcgonagal read off other names, but Oliver was still holding my hand.

The rest of the class went by pretty quick. When our teacher released us, we all headed straight to the common room for a house meeting. Once we got there, we found that the chairs and couches had been moved around to face a spot in the center; which formed a semicircle. Mcgonagal stood in the center as all the Gryffindors filled in the empty places to sit. Once everyone seemed to be there, she began by saying, "Professor Dumbledore has asked me to call you all into this meeting today due to the ball tonight. It is necessary that we have a boy and a girl that represents our house. However, there are certain... requirements these two people have to fill. First, you have to be a seventh year, and you have to be voted by the majority of the house. No exceptions!" Everyone looked around and smiled. Mcgonagal continued " Now I would like you all to cast in your votes starting right now, and I'll use a special spell to determine the results." I looked at Oliver and asked "who are you voting for?" He looked at me and said , "Well if we can't vote for ourselves, might as well vote for Katie and George!" I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled. "Then I'll vote for Angelina and Fred!" I said and stuck my tounge out at him playfully. Then I looked up and noticed that half the people's eyes in this room were on Oliver and I. It was highly uncomfortable, but at least I wasn't the only one.

After a few minutes, all the ballots were casted in. Mcgonagal stood up and casted a rather ridiculous sounding spell, and all the ballots were scanned. (At least that what it looked like!) Finally, a list appeared on the white board placed to her right. In third place came Angelina and Fred! I was so proud! Next, a big number two appeared on the board with the names Katie Bell and George Weasley next to it. Wow! All the rest of our friends made it. I was so happy! Finally, though, the result everyone was waiting for appeared. A huge number one was accompanied by none other than Oliver Wood and Michelle Smith!!! The majority of our House voted for me? Now Oliver I expected because everyone new who he was, but me? I couldn't believe it! Mcgonagal hushed the cheering crowd and stated "Yes, congratulations! Now you two are to meet me in front of the great hall at precisely 6:55. You, along with the other houses representatives will be giving the first dance!" I looked at Oliver to find again, that he was already looking at me with a huge smile on his face. I grinned back and said, "Well it's a good thing my dad taught me how to dance!" He just laughed and looked back to Mcgonagal. "Now I believe we all have some serious getting ready to do! Off you go!" This was going to be the best night of my life. I could just feel it!
.
.
.
YAY I ACTUALLY UPDATED ON TIME
Anyways I love y'all and next chap up soon!
Much ❤️,
~Chellie💚