Chapter 2

Lily POV

I walked alongside James as we rushed to Potions. I checked my watch, only to curse under my breath when I realised that we were already two minutes late to class. It would be at least another three before we got to class. Maybe two if we hurried. I picked up the pace, and felt James' eyes on my back. I ignored them.

Two minutes and 23 seconds passed before we reached the classroom, and we were seriously late. I pushed open the classroom door, and James was right behind me. Professor Slughorn stopped in the middle of speaking about Felix Felicis, which is also known as Liquid Luck.

"Ah, Miss Evans, Mister Potter, I thought you two wouldn't turn up." Professor Slughorn commented, and everyone turned to look at us. I started to blush, it was something I just couldn't control.

"Sorry we're late, Professor," I replied quickly, as I went to one of the only remaining seats, and sat down. Unfortunately, the only two remaining seats were at the back of the classroom, my least favourite place. I prefered to be at the front. Even more unfortunately, they were next to each other. I would be sitting next to Potter for the entire class! He slid into the seat next to me, and smiled.

"It's quite alright Miss Evans. I suspect that you already know quite a bit about this subject. I was just talking about Felix Felicis, also known as..." He explained.

"Liquid Luck." I finished. He was right. I knew a lot about Felix Felicis.

"Excellent, Miss Evans! 10 points to Gryffindor!" Professor Slughorn cried out. I smiled slightly to myself. Sometimes being a bit of a know it all came in handy.

Professor Slughorn explained that today we would be brewing our own Liquid Luck, which we could use for whatever we wanted. I didn't know what I would use mine for, but I was sure that it would come in handy.

James POV

Seeing as it was during class, I knew I wouldn't be able to get Lily's attention. She would be too engrossed in the topic. I knew exactly what I was going to use my Liquid Luck for. Quidditch. I needed to make sure that we won the Cup this year. And next year too! Our last two years at Hogwarts. I needed them to be special for all of Gryffindor, and one way to do that would be to win the Quidditch Cup. Or we could keep earning points for Gryffindor like Lily just did and win the House Cup! Or even better, both!

"Okay, everyone, today you will be working in partners. So turn to the person next to you, and you have found your partner!" Professor Slughorn told us. I looked to the side and saw that my partner was Lily!

"Looks like you're my partner, Evans." I told her, to which she looked around wildly as if there was someone else who could be her partner and then slumped slightly in her chair. I then saw Snivellus turn around and look at Lily from two rows ahead, but she just glared at him, and turned her head, just missing him mouth, 'Sorry'. But I knew sorry wasn't enough for Lily.

When Snape had called Lily that name, she had been heartbroken to lose her friend, and didn't know what to do. She shut herself off from everyone, not letting anyone know how she was feeling. But I knew she was devastated to lose her friend. I noticed she was just staring at the closed cover of her book, deep in her thoughts.

"So, have you ever made Felix Felicis before, Evans?" I asked Lily, just to get some conversation going.

"Never, and I'm hoping this will turn out successful." She stated as she got up to get the supplies we needed.

Hey readers! How do you think I am doing on my first Jily story? Any ideas on how I can improve? Oh, and btw, sorry this was a short chapter. I am going to try to work on making them longer! Thanks so much for reading and have a happy... day! 😂 Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

~ Victoria (I just love the '~' I can't work out why! 😂)