001. the beginning of it all

Start from the beginning

Mom and Dad both glanced at each other with small, knowing smiles. "Korra! Please come in here!"

I turned my head to the entrance to the hallway, expecting her to be wadding out from her room before letting out a silent gasp as my attention snapped toward the wall behind the White Lotus members suddenly exploded, making a rigid hole and revealing none other than Korra.

"I'm the Avatar and you gotta deal with it!" She exclaimed her most used line ever since she found out she could bend the three elements. 

It was quite annoying, but the three adults were too mesmerised by her performance as she demonstrated her bending : water by using a nearby puddle that for some reason appeared in our hut, rock using some of the wall she blew out, and fire with her own two fists.

"Well then," The old man breathed out in awe after she was done. "your daughter will be in full protection of the White Lotus, and she'll come with us to the Southern Water Tribe Compound, where no danger can affect her."

 I watched as Mom and Dad's once worried faces turned into small relieved smiles. Mom then leaned forward and suddenly whispered something to Dad, his smile dropping. "Er—right, you're sure she'll be protected carefully? Ever since we found out about that kidnapping attempt that almost got my other daughter into serious trouble, we don't—"

"Like we said, she'll be in full protection of the White Lotus." A woman who stood behind the elderly man, reassured them softly.

"Wait, you didn't let me finish. My other daughter I mentioned, Katrina," Dad paused to glance at Mom, who nodded as if she was telling him that it was alright. 

"Katrina! Can you come in here for a second?" He suddenly called out for me, making me startled. I slowly stood up and hesitantly walked out of my hiding place, also letting out a small yawn. Hopefully they would think I was sleeping behind the couch and totally not eavesdropping on them. 

Mom placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, looking back at the three adults. "We were wondering if the White Lotus could also take her in for protection."

"Ah right." The old man hummed in understandment. "I don't blame you two."

"Yes, that's right." She abruptly paused to glance at me, her smile faltering a bit. "And, well, also one other thing. Like Korra, she's also. . .special."

"Special?" The leader echoed in confusion, before sarcastically chuckling, "What? She bends the other elements too?"

I hung my head down, trying not to blurt my- "I actually blood bend!"

[ END OF FLASHBACK ]

So, there it was. I unintentionally sealed my fate with doom and adversity that day my lips had carelessly blurted out my secret to the members of the White Lotus and it's leader, that not only can I bend the element of water, but also perform it's deadliest form: bloodbending.