Chapter 14- Little Sister Has Good News

John   

    “Wake up!” A shrill voice screamed as I was hit hard with a something soft. I sat up at lightening speed just to be hit again by what I now realize is a pillow and Natalie is the one hitting me.

    “Natalie stop hitting me and what are you even doing in my room? Get out.” I told her.

    She threw the pillow at me then with a simple ok she started to leave. Then it hit me. “Natalie wait. How did you get in my room?” I remember stepmother locking it yesterday.

    She spun on her heel to face me “Took you long enough.” she said with a tease in her voice and I just rolled my eyes. “Well I heard mother complaining about you late last night so I decided to check on you this morning. I came here to find your door locked so I knew where mother hid the spare.” She explained then tossed me the key.

    “Thanks.” I’m impressed. She is sneaky little thing.

    “You know you sleep like the dead right. I hit you multiple times with the pillow and I was seriously considering throwing a pail of water on you.” she chuckled.

    “Thanks I think? So what time is it?”

    “Around the time you would be leaving to meet Ella.”

    “Shit! Natalie why couldn’t you have found me earlier.” I snapped as I started heading toward my the stables to do chores but Natalie reach her hand out to hit me in the chest trying to stop me.

    “They are finished.” she simply stated.

    “What’s finished?” She seriously can’t mean my chores.

    “What do you think I mean? Your chores are finished. Your welcome by the way.” she said sassy. I think she is getting a little to used to being around me.

    Natalie did my chores? No way! That girl may have changed for the better but she still hasn’t worked a day in her life. Slowly I spoke, “You did my chores?”

    She started laughing and wiped a fake tear out of her eye “Oh John me do chores. I didn’t but Lucinda got some one.”

    I pinched the bridge of my nose. I am getting such a big headache. “Ok Natalie if you didn’t do my chores what have you been doing all morning and how did Lucinda get into it.”

    “Well I have been going through mothers thing looking for something and Lucinda was my distraction. She was to distract mother and Julianne so I would have time to look for it.”

    “Look for what?”

   “These.” she said as she tossed me a stack of papers. “Read the title.”

     I stared at the papers, “This is my father’s will.”

     “Read the first line.”

     “I leave all my wealth to my only child Jonathan Andrew Truscott. My wealth meaning the house, property, servants and animal, and most of all I leave you my title of Lord. From henceforth my son will be Lord Jonathan Andrew Truscott. He has control over all the money and distributes it to my wife and step daughters as he wishes.”

      I froze. “But I didn’t get anything in the will.” I mumbled out.

      Natalie stepped away from me, “Thats what I thought to but lately I have been having suspicions about it so I looked into it. Now we know the truth. I am sorry for everything I have done to you my Lord.” She said then she curtsied before me.

       “Get up.” I ordered her. I don’t feel like I am in charge of her or any better. “Does she know?”

       Natalie knew I meant stepmother and she was quick to say “No.”

       I walked over to my dresser and quickly changed into a new outfit. Then I turned back to Natalie, “Ok here is the plan I am going to go to the castle and find Ella and tell her everything.”

       “And what shall I do just sit here and look pretty.” Natalie complained.

       “No Natalie, Julianne does that enough. I want you and Lucinda to go around and tell everyone about the will and what my father gave to me. I want them all to know the truth but please do me a favor and make sure your mother doesn’t catch you. If she does she’ll disown you.” I instructed her.

       She let out a scoff. “Like I care what she thinks. I am here for you not here for her so she can disown me if she wishes.” She said stubbornly.

       I let out a chuckles and head toward the door. “I will always be here for my little sister. I will take care of you Natalie never forget that.” I said to her face. I mean every last word of it to. Natalie has fully earned my trust and proven her love many times over and now I would do anything to help her. I am her big brother after all.

       “I can take care of myself John I’m not a little girl.” she complained. I just smiled and gave her a peck on the cheek. “Thank you John and now do me a favor and not mess this up.” she said with a smile.

      “I’ll try.” I said then I was off to get Patch and be on my way.

Hey everyone I know its a short chapter but I promise the next one will be better!