Chapter Four

Niall's POV

"You're hired."

Those words would change my life forever, as in literally.

I walked out his office and looked for his assistant. Gotta know my schedule for my dream job. I was about to walk away when suddenly I heard the door clicked, then revealed my boss. Harry Styles. He looked at me and said;

"Mr. Horan? Do you want a promotion?"

Really? I wasn't even started working on his restaurant and now he wanted to give me a promotion? Okay, something smell fishy about this offer. Hmm... what could be the catch?

"Of course, Sir. Who wouldn't want a promotion?"

"Good." He says while turning around to face the door. He tilted his head slightly, so he could catch a view of me.

"If that's the case I wanted to talk to you privately, if that's possible?" He asks.

"Okay then, Sir." I just agreed into something I didn't know. What if it is drug dealing? I cannot do that! I'm not a criminal! What if he sent me to murder someone? Oh my god. That's horrible! I wouldn't do such a thing. I shook my head trying to stop myself from thinking any further. I focused on the door just right in front me. I placed my hand on the door knob then turned it completely, only to reveal Mr. Styles sitting on his chair with one hand resting on his chin. He smiled and pushed his chair backward then stood up.

"I thought you wouldn't accept my offer." He says thankfully.

"Well it's rare to have a promotion, right after your hired.. and I'm not even started working." I explained.

"Right, so here's the chase. I want you to do me a big favor.. I'll promote you and even raise your salary if you agree to do it." He says with his eyes pleading.

"What is it then, Sir?" I say completely agreeing. 'Cause hey? Double salary? Promotion? I'm living the dream.

"I want you to be my boyfriend." He says with his eyes close as he breath out the air he was holding. Not that long he opened his eyes and started to panic.. "I want you be my FAKE boyfriend.. Just to clear my intention to this." He continued rubbing his temples completely looking frustrated.

And I just looked at him my expression 'are-you-crazy?' look. He just sighed and mumbled something that goes with "This is crazy why did I even thought this?" He looks down at his desk, and started to play with his fingers.

"Why?" That's the only word I could come of. And that's really all my question.

He took a deep breath. 

"You see I have  a niece, Lux. And her parents were with me after we celebrated the grand opening of Le Cordon Bleu. But it happened so fast, I was driving and we were singing and simply happy. I knew was sobber when I was driving but I still continued to drive. It's all my fault. We're caught in a car crash and luckily I survived. But Lou and Tom didn't and I still blame myself for that. So I told Mum that I would provide everything that Lux's needs. I said that I'll be his father, but she said that Lux needs a mother figure too. That's why she's been constantly putting me in this blind date shenanigans. But now she knows that I'm gay she accepted me for what I am but she was still looking for a guy for me. I told her that I already have a boyfriend to stop her from searching some guy I completely don't know... and that boyfriend of mine is you. It's is only temporary though just to satisfy my mother."

I was shocked when I heard that he was gay but who cares right? So am I. And I felt bad for him blaming himself for the car accident. But I admire Harry. He's willing to go under all of this just for his niece Lux and of course his mother.

"So, do you agree or not?" He asked looking completely agitated as each seconds passed by. I looked at him and I just noticed how tired he looks. Being put under all this pressure.  I nodded while mumbling yes. He looks like he was about to cry as he shove his face in both of his hands. 

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me." He told me as rubbed his face making his cheeks flushed. I just watched him for a moment and thought to myself.

I just hope that his plan would work.