Ch. 8: Meeting the Avengers Part 2: The Hawk, Widow, and Solider

After the short run in with Banner, Tony and Isabella continued on as if nothing had happened. They had returned home by noon, so Isabella had fixed them both up something to munch on, while they sat down on one of the white couches and watched tv. As they were finishing up watching the last episode of The Walking Dead for the day, to the great relief of Tony, the sudden sound of the door to the living room being opened caught both their attention.

Looking up, Tony felt his eyes grow wide in sudden nervousness while Isabella's face showed both shock and nervousness as well. The group of three that had been chatting away casually, came to a dead stop and stared at the two on the couch in confusion. "Stark, who is the girl?" The redheaded female that stood between two other males asked this as she directed a suspicious glare towards Bella.

The look that Isabella received from the woman made her shudder and cringe slightly, as she felt like the woman was perfectly capable of killing her right there and then, along with her companions. Clearing his throat, Tony slowly stood up and crossed his arms as he gave the redhead an annoyed glare of his own. "Stop glaring daggers at her, will you Widow?"

The billionaire spoke sternly to the one he called Widow, as he then went to stand protectively in front of his daughter, surprising her. At the name that he spoke, Isabella quickly realized who the woman was, and she got to her feet in an instant. Making her way to stand beside her father, Bella looked to him, hinting for him to introduce her to the new group that she was sure she knew the names to. Getting the hint, Tony again cleared his throat and began to speak, his eyes watching Widow carefully.

"Isabella this is Clint Barton, the woman still glaring at you is Natasha Romanoff, and the old man right there is Steve Rogers. Guys, this is Isabella Torres." This time when Tony introduced Bella, he didn't add that she was his daughter, which hurt her but she kept the hurt hidden, as Steve and Clint instantly relaxed a bit more and went to shake her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss. Torres." Bella blushed as the man named Steve spoke to her so formally, something that she was not use to by any means. "Yea, what he said." Clint added as he shook her hand as well. "Likewise.." Isabella was still very uncomfortable, as she was hyper aware that Natasha was still looking at her like she wanted to jump her, her arms still crossed as she continued to glare at her. "Lighten up, Tass.You're scaring the poor girl!" Clint's comment earned him a glare from the woman.

"Natasha, stop glaring at her now!" Everyone looked at Tony, as he spoke more sternly and seriously then he had ever dared to speak to the assassin before. Natasha's jaw tightened, along with her eyes, as she now glared at the billionaire. "I'll stop when you tell me who she is.." Tony glared right back at Tasha, as he puffed his chest out slightly in a defensive manner. "I already told you.." "You know what I mean, Stark. Does Pepper know about her?"

At the second round of implied accusation, Tony let out a groan of annoyance, while Isabella let out a sigh of similar annoyance and embarrassment. "She is not what you think she is, fire breath!" "Then who is she?!" As the two began to get in each other's face, Steve and Clint suddenly stepped in, and Bella began to wish that she could be sucked up by a whole in the ground at that moment. "Tasha calm down!" "Stark, back off!"

While the two males attempted to calm the situation down, Isabella began to feel her anxiety kick in, and at full force. "Stop it! Just stop!" She had not meant for the words to slip out, much for them to be yelled out, it was too late and the squabbling group were now staring at her in shock. Her hands in fists, Isabella looked desperately to Tony, who was now looking at her in worry. "Just tell them will you?! Or what, now suddenly you don't want to tell them the truth, but you'll tell Banner?!"

Blinded by her anxiety and stress over the situation, Bella needed to lash out at someone and the poor target of her sudden rage was Tony. Glaring at Tony, Isabella felt tears sting at her eyes again, as she felt hurt that Tony had not introduced her as his daughter to the group, which she wouldn't have minded, if the jerk hadn't made it seem like he absolutely refused to do so even with an assassin in his face. "You know what..forget it.." walking past the silence struck group, Isabella began to make her way out of the living room, to the protest of Tony which she ignored. "Isabella wait! I was going to tell them!"

His last comment fell on deaf ears, as she had already left the room and didn't hear his last comment. As the seconds ticked by, Tony kept his eyes glued to the door that his daughter had just stormed out of, his face clearly showing signs of regret. When it was obvious that the girl would not return, the billionaire turned slowly to glare at the group before him. His glare was so fierce and new to the three, that they all cringed away slightly, even Natasha seemed to recoil ever so slightly at his anger.

"Good jobs guys, I was just starting to make it up to her for being a real jackass just last night!" Not one to allow herself to be yelled at, Natasha again snapped back at Tony. "Well this wouldn't be happening if you had just told us who she really is, Stark!" "Oh shut up, Romanoff! I was just about to tell you guys who she was, until you decided to be a real bitch!" At his uncharacteristic words and behavior, Natasha couldn't help but show her shock.

However, her shock was quickly replaced by her own flames of anger. Guessing what her next moves were, Clint was instantly behind his partner, as he held her back from launching at a raging Tony, who was also being held back by a confused and shocked Banner. "You want to know who that girl was, huh Natasha?!" As Tony continued to yell at Natasha, Steve was now standing between the two in case either of them escaped the hold that they were in.

"Yea, I want to know who she was, Tony! I want to know who that young woman was, and if Pepper should be worried about her!" At this, Tony just about lost it, and Bruce had to tighten his hold on the man. "Natasha, it's not what you think!" Bruce yelled this out at Natasha, as he realized why Tony had snapped so suddenly at the woman, his own annoyance attempting to break through. "Then who is she?!" "She's my daughter!"

After practically roaring this out at Natasha, everyone went dead quiet, and both and Tony and Tasha both seemed to finally settle down and lose their rage. Knowing that he was no longer a threat,. Bruce slowly let go a still fuming Tony, who instantly hunched slightly. "Yea, that's right, Isabella isn't some girl who I am seeing behind Pepper's back..She's my daughter!"After repeating himself, Natasha continued to look at the man before her, her own anger quickly decapitating.

Slowly the seconds turned into minutes, as everyone let the billionaire words sink in. Eventually, Clint let Natasha go, before he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Your daughter? And you're sure that you're the..?" Tony let out an exhausted and annoyed sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to remain calm now. "I know that I am her father. I ran three tests myself." lint nodded his head slowly, as he processed the new information he was given about Tony.

'I apologize for how I acted.." Tony simply gave Natasha a tight look, before crossing his arms and replying to her. "I apologize for how I acted...But it's not me you should be apologizing to. You owe Isabella as much of an apology as I do for not telling you guys who she really was sooner.." It was unlike Tony or Natasha to apologize, but it seemed that today was a day for the unusual to happen. And boy, the shock they were all in for later that day too, then Tony could say that the day was truly a rare and unusual one.

"Well aren't you going to say something, Spangles?" Wanting nothing more then to return to his usual sarcastic and cheerful self, Tony directed his comment towards Steve, who had been quiet sense he had told them that Isabella was his daughter. "I guess I am not as surprised as I was at first. I'm sure this was bound to happen at some point, right?" Wanting to return to a less tense atmosphere himself, Steve quickly gave his come back at Tony, with a casual shrug of his shoulders and a smirk on his lips.Before Tony could give his come back, both Bruce and Clint began to laugh. "The caps got a point, metal head!" Rolling his eyes, Tony turned towards the door and began walking out of the room, feeling a little better but still worried that Isabella would not want to talk to him again. "Oh shut up, Bird brain. And Bruce, aren't you supposed to be on my side?"

"Sorry, but Rogers did make a good point, Tony!" Tony shock his head and laughed lightly at Banner's words, as he turned and spoke one last time before leaving the living room. "Nice to know you've got my back, Banner. Anyway, I'm going to see if Isabella will let me explain everything to her. I'll talk to you idiots later." Entering the elevator, Tony crossed his arms as he wondered if Bella was even still in the tower.