Ch. 3: You're my What?!

As Tony asked, practically yelled at her, demanding to know who she was, Isabella jumped at his tone and blushed with both embarrassment and instant anger. Forcing herself not to glare, Bella instead took a deep breath; calming her nerves as best she could. "My name is Isabella Maria.. Torres.." At her last name, Isabella hesitated before saying it, her resolve waning for a moment. Torres was her mother's last name, so she wondered if Stark would instantly recognize it and remember her mother.

However, now was not the time to dwell on her curiosity, she needed to focus on the challenge at hand. "And boy, is this going to be a challenge.." As she thought this to herself, Isabella took note of how Tony seemed to be losing his, already low, patience. Clearing her throat, Isabella put on a mask of indifference, as she prepared to tell Tony the reason for her sudden "visit".

Looking the man that was her father straight in his eyes, Isabella began to tell him the truth of which she had only found out herself. "To what is in the envelope I am not exactly sure myself, and I am sure you are carious as well. It was from my mom.. Anyway, she only instructed me to give it to you after I told you what she only just told me a month ago." Looking down at her shoes, she braced herself for what she was about to say. Inhaling deeply Bella braced herself to finally spit out her news.

"Mr. Stark, I have just recently been informed that you are.. that you are my....Father....Mr. Stark...I am your daughter.." After letting the words leave her lips, Bella kept her eyes on her would be father as she waited for his reaction. Tony had been expecting a number of different explanations, but what actually came out of this girl's mouth took him by such surprise, that Tony paled instantly and had to hold himself up against the bar.

Pepper, who was sitting in the stool next to where he had been, had her eyes wide and her mouth gaping at the young female in shock What she said had taken her by surprise as well, and she was not sure if she should be mad at Tony or not. Obviously she had to have been a product of one of Tony's younger and wilder drunken nights....Right? Pepper now faced her long time boss and boyfriend, searching his face for a change in reaction.

After a few minutes of processing what he had been told, Tony finally stood up and glared down at the girl. "You're my what?! No, no not possible! I would always check in with all the girls I was with, just to make sure I didn't.. they weren't...No!" At Stark's out right denial of his possibility of being her father, Isabella instantly grew outraged and lost her short temper. "Are you calling my mother a liar?!" Tony turned to the young female who just dared to yell at him, his own temper beyond gone. "Well what else would I be saying?! You both obviously are doing this just for the money!"

Now Bella was in Tony's face, her hands balled up into tight fists as she glared right into his eyes like he was at her. "You think this is about money?! If it was, my mother would have told you about me while she was still pregnant, or at the very least when I was still a baby or a young child! She told me you guys were friends and that you actually dated for a very brief moment, before she left because you just started to ignore her and avoid her, you idiot!" No one talked about her mother, not even as a joke. At her last comment, Tony looked at Isabella confused. "Friends? Dated? What the hell are you talking about?!" Suddenly, Stark felt something being shoved at his chest so hard, that his air was knocked out of him painfully.

"Why don't you find out for yourself, asshole! I'm sure it's all in the envelop! Now, I was asked by mother to stay to live here with you for a while, for her sake, but you know what I think I'm going to stay at a motel! Here's my damn number, if you finally decide to be civil and come talk to me like an actual adult!" Turning on her heels, Isabella quickly left the room, beyond mad and to be honest hurt. She was hurt that Tony had rejected her like he had, even though she should have expected it. Getting out of the tower, she went for the cheapest motel she could find, as she barely had any money on her. As she sat in her musty old motel room, Isabella wondered if Stark would call her to try and at least get a DNA test done. Then she wondered if she would even care, but when she felt the tears that started to fall from her eyes, she knew that she did care. "Worst birthday ever..."