"You did?" I ask staring straight ahead

"Yeah. What were you guys fighting about?" Mason asked handing me the blunt

"Nothing." I say

"You don't have to lie to me." Mason said

"What do you mean?" I ask looking at him

"I know you think I'm not a normal person, that I took your life away, you can't go to college, you can't get your normal husband, and you can't even get a job now." Mason said I got off of him "but tell me Emma, if I'm not normal then what am I?"

"I-" I couldn't say anything when he pushed passed me about to leave

"I'm going out, I'll be back for this stupid dinner." He said leaving slamming the door. Mason dog sits at my feet and looks at me sadly

"I know buddy." I say picking her up and walking to my room. I lay down with the puppy on my left and the cat on my right. We lay in the dark watching movies together.

MASON'S POV

I drive to a bar and take five shots. I think of Emma, remembering her body, her legs, her voice, her touch, even her laugh. Somebody touches my body and I turn around to see a blonde headed girl

"You look like you could use some fun." She says touching my thigh. I grab her hand and bring her to my car, I get on top of her and tear her clothes off of her and she does the same with me.

~

I put my clothes back on and so does the girl.

"Here's my number." She smiled handing me a piece of paper "my names Cindy."

"I don't need that, this was just a one time thing." I say tying off my shoe

"You might need it if you get bored." She said handing me it. I take it and she leaves, I sit in the passenger seat and put her number in my phone. I drive home and go into me and Emma's room to see she has the dog and cat on both sides of her and it's dark. I turn the lights on and she doesn't budge, I get closer and see her pillow is wet from tears and the bottle of liquor is half way empty. I sigh and pet the animals grabbing the bottle and putting it back in the cabinet. I go back upstairs and look at her sleeping, a wave of guilt hits me, but I can't let that get in the way.

"You're starting old habits again. Aren't you?" I turn to see Trish leaning against the door "you hurt her so bad once, don't do it twice." Trisha said rubbing her eyes and leaving. I sigh and stop looking at Emma.

"Emma wake up." I say nudging her "get up."

EMMA'S POV

I wake up and see Mason, I smell alcohol on his breath and I sit up.

"What do you want?" I ask him, knowing damn well what he's done

"Dinners ready." He said

"I'm not hungry." I say laying back down

"Remember Lance and Trisha have to tell us something." He says

"I don't care." I say petting Aniease. He grabs my wrist

"You're coming." He said, I pulled back my hand

"Fine." I say. He leaves and I get up, I put food and drinks in the bowls for the animals and they eat. I go downstairs to see Mason setting up tables.

We all had food on our plates and wine glasses except for Trisha.

"Anyways, what me and Lance have been trying to tell you is we want you two to be my child's god parents." Trisha said my hand rests on the side of my plate.

"Me and Emma would love that." Mason said trying to grab my hand, I quickly move it grabbing my wine glass and taking a sip.

"What about you Emma?" Lance asks me

"Do I have much of a choice." I say, not ask.

~

I put my dishes in the sink and go back upstairs playing with the animals.

"Hey, Cin-" is all I hear from Mason's voice passing in the hallway going into his office.

I go out and into the garden seeing the sun is almost all the way down. I sit at the gladiolus patch of flowers.

"Dad," I start my voice breaks "I miss you." I breath in "I'm sorry you're probably disappointed in me. Mom isn't any better. She didn't even know I was gone," a tear slips my eye and it falls on a peddle "everything has just gone bad since you left." I rub my eyes to stop crying "I know you taught me to be strong, but I can't anymore." I stand up and dry my eyes going inside.

MASON'S POV

I walk around in my office talking to Cindy when I walk to my window seeing Emma on her knees near a patch of flowers.

"What the hell?" I say

"What is it baby?" I hear Cindy say through the phone

"I got to go." I say hanging up. I watch Emma talk to herself and wipe her eyes like she was, crying. She gets up and leaves the garden coming back inside.

EMMA'S POV

Walking into my room I take off my clothes putting on joggers and a shirt. I get into bed and Aniease and Fluffy hop on the bed with me. They both lay on my left side, so I lay on my left side too, I pet them until I fall asleep and Mason comes in.

Masonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें