3: Ending

THREE YEARS LATER

"These past three years?" Marissa repeated the question "well... I got engaged! With the beautiful woman I met at La Villa and we are getting married in...." And she looks at her fiancé confused "March? February?"

"December!" Angelina, or Ang, shouted and slapped Marissa's arm "you were way off!"

"I know! I'm just playing" and Marissa looks at Angelina with heart eyes.

"Wow..." Amelia said holding her wine glass and looking at the engaged couple "and I'm still here; dating and waiting."

"Well you aren't exactly dating, are you then?" Jack said behind Amelia's ear, causing her to jump and laugh when she saw him.

"What are you doing here?" Amelia asks him after not seeing him a few months.

"Me? In a party?" Jack asked his accent still thick "to play Rugby, of course." And Amelia gives him a tiring look "I'm here to have fun obviously. Especially since I kind of own this company, you know? Wouldn't be right if the co-owner weren't here for the grand opening-"

"Wait, what?" Amelia asks and looks back at Marissa "what is he talking about?"

"I was going to tell you this-"

"Tell me what? Tell me now." Amelia demanded.

"He invested a lot of money in my business and in return he will receive 20% in profit margin. And 5% of our supplies to sponsor us and we get 15% of the income." Marissa confessed.

Generally, Jack gave around 2 million dollars to Marissa's starting business. And to pay Jack back, Marissa's business will give him $0.20 for every dollar made.
        To sweeten the deal, Marissa gave 5% of her computer supplies to Jack for a shout-out, since his Real Estate business is successful. In return of that Jack gives $0.15 for every dollar he makes in shouting-out Marissa's computer and supply business.
So Jack is 1/3 of owner the company, and 2/3 to Marissa.

Sounds like a math problem, eh?

"What?!" Amelia yelled "when were you going to tell me this?!"

"Tonight. After giving the presentation for the store." Marissa said honestly and bit her inner cheek in nervousness, she always did that when she was nervous.

"Oh my god..." Amelia mumbled and rubbed her temples.

"What? What's wrong?" Marissa asks in worry.

"I'm just disappointed you didn't tell me earlier, that's all to be honest." Amelia said and chugged down her wine "I'm going to get more." And she left.

"You guys talked for a while after the party right?" Angelina asks Jack and he nods.

"Yep. We did."

"So what happened?" Angelina asks, being curious as she is.

"Frankly, I don't know." Jack said honestly.

After La Villa, Jack and Amelia talked for a while. And by that I mean when Amelia's dates didn't go well and she went to dinner with Jack as a satisfying date and catching up over the months. But then Amelia just stopped picking up the phone to set a date, and Jack got too busy with work to have time to worry.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing" Marissa says "Amelia is one hell of of a bitch, but she's the good-bitch kind."

Jack looked down and Marissa tried to say something comforting, "look man, Amelia and I didn't speak at all for a year. After La Villa we did talk for a year, but then we didn't talk for another year. But, by the third year we were best friends again."