Chapter 3

The days went by and Lily talked to Severus every day. Sometimes he would wander into Gryffindor common room and they would talk through the night about whatever was on their minds. Even thought he was a painting, Severus still loved Lily Evans, and couldn't help seeing her in Lily Luna Potter. Even though she had her mother's brown eyes instead of Lily's bright green ones, she acted like the girl he had fallen head over heels for when he was a child.

Lily was walking to the library to study when she noticed a small crowd had gathered down the hall. As she approached, she heard Vincent Bulstrode having an argument with someone.

". . . really makes you a blood traitor. Hanging out with that mudblood scum."

Who's he even talking to? and what's wrong with being muggleborn? Honestly, some muggleborns are smarter than the professors."

"You better take that back, or I'll hex you all the way to London."

Oh, it's Clearwater.

"No, Morgan. He's not worth it."

And Fawley.

The two Ravenclaws shoved their way out of the thin circle and walked away.

"Cowards," Bulstrode said. "Can't even stay to defend their mudblood friends."

Lily was infuriated at the number of people who laughed at the comment. The walked up to him and looked him strait in the eye; which was quite hard because he was rather tall.

"You're the coward, Bulstrode. Talking about someone when their not here to defend themselves? Talk about honor."

"The blood traitor defending her mudblood boyfriend?"

"You know, I'm greatly resisting the urge to punch you right now."

"Go ahead, Potter. Bet it'll feel like a little mosquito bite."

"The thing about mosquito bites," Lily started before punching him right in the face. "Is that they have the poison to kill and spread disease."

Then she walked away without looking back.

*****

"Severus, I did something bad."

"I'm sure it's not that-"

"I punched someone in the face."

About two seconds of silence then the man in the painting just started to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, just you really are your mother's daughter and your aunt's niece. They would of done the exact same thing. Except your mother probably would have used the bat-bogey hex, but you are only a first year."