Chapter 2

I think I'm going to have this book intertwine with the Hatstall, so you can get the story from both points of view. 

Lily walked through the halls of Hogwarts alone. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, so most students were outside. Lily, however, didn't feel like talking to other students, not that many would actually want to talk to her. Despite her rather large family being fairly well known throughout the wizarding world, Lily didn't have any friends outside of her family, and even in her own family, she was lonely due to being the youngest of her cousins.

She had hoped to become friends with Newt, who seemed nice, but he had been sorted into Ravenclaw and made plenty of friends before she had even been sorted. She had still kind of wanted to be friends, but since she had and Morgan Clearwater didn't get along that wasn't going to happen. 

*Charms Class-Two Days Ago*

Lily sat next to Hugo, who was her best friend and cousin, behind a girl with brown hair who was talking to another girl with dark hair one table over with two empty seats between them. 

"What is taking them so long?" one of the girls said. "You did wake them up, right Morgan?"

"Unless they can sleep through someone screaming in their ears, jumping on their beds, and literally rolling them out of bed, I think it's safe to say their awake," Morgan answered her.

Just then Newt, a boy Lily and Hugo had sat with on the train, and Benjamin Fawley, who's mother works in at the Ministry, rushed in right before Professor Flitwick did and started them on the levitating charm. 

Morgan got out her wand and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!" While moving her wand through the movements. Instead of making it levitate, the feather shot away from her and hit the ceiling before landing on Newt's head.

The girl seemed completely flustered, "Oh, I don't see the point of this spell," she said. "When will making something fly into the air without any control of it come in handy?"

This turned into one of those times where Lily's temper got the best of her,"For your information, my uncle used this spell and saved my Dad and my aunt's life with it, thank you very much."

Newt and Morgan turned to see Lily glaring at Morgan  

"Lily, I don't think she meant it like that..." Hugo began.

"Then how did she mean it, Hugo?" She scoffed.

"Okay, let's not get hasty here. I think Morgan's just a little frustrated," Newt said.

Newt looked at Morgan whose hair was turning bright red, "Woah, what's up with you?" he asked.

"Huh? Oh sorry," she said and shook her had turning her hair back to brown. " I'm a metamorphogis, I can change my appearance at will. It gets out of control sometimes. Like when I get pissed of by someone."

Lily crossed her arms and the two witches stared each other down before Hugo and Newt hastily busied each in their own activity.

Lily tried to do the spell, but just couldn't.

Lily thought back to that and wondered if it was worth losing four potential new friends. 

"Lily?" she heard a voice call her name softly and turned to see the portrait of Severus Snape.

"Hello, Severus," Lily greeted the deceased professor halfheartedly. 

"Is everything all right?"

"I guess," Lily started. "I mean, nothing's different from yesterday, or the day before, I just started thinking about something in a different way and it made me a little sad."

"Would you like to talk about it?" Severus asked her.

"I suppose."

Lilly sat down in front of the golden frame, "You see, I don't have that many friends. . ."