two.

This story is pure fiction. The events written in this chapter are not directly portrayed by the actual life of the characters. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

********

"Love at first sight? Impossible. Insane. Futile, some might call it. There is no way we can fall in love with another person as soon as we set our eyes on them. Without knowing anything about them. But even with these thoughts, curiosity flows through me like a river. Is it possible to just look at someone and see the rest of your life in their eyes?
Well, I've concluded that Love is also a master of deception."

"What's up bruh!? I'm starving like Marvin." The guy said.Victor stood up to greet him.

While they did their handshake, my eyes nearly bulged out of my head as I looked him over. His caramel colored skin was covered with tattoos. His hair was, different. But it fit him all the same. He wore a bright smile, broad shoulders and muscular arms looked like they had been chiseled intricately by the Lord himself.

They both turned to look at me.

I smiled shyly at him as our eyes connected for the first time. He gave me a soft smile that sent an arrow through my chest. He was way more attractive in person. I immediately looked down at the phone that sat on my lap.

What the hell are you doing? Pick your head up Ava.

No prior experiences could prepare me for this moment. Not only have I had a crush on this man for the past four years, but I've been fighting an internal battle. That battle being asking, or forcing, Victor to introduce me to him. Now, I didn't have to do that. The situation had fallen, unexpectedly, into my lap.

"O, this is my little sister Ava. Av this is O." Victor said nonchalantly as he slid back into the booth.

Odell held his hand out for me to take. I put my hand in his and he shook it softly. His hand was rough, yet comforting. "Odell, nice to meet you." He smiled.

He definitely followed his dentist's orders over the years.

I smiled back as my hand began to warm up at his touch. "Nice to meet you as well."

Victor looked at him through the slits of his eyes as Odell moved to sit next to him.

The waitress returned, with a smile still plastered on her lips, to take our food orders. She took Odell's drink and food order together. He spoke to her as if he had been here before, he stated his order confidently.

The waitress turned to me next. I'd decided to also get a takeout order for my best friend Brielle in addition to my order. I looked at watch and the time read 1:47. She should be home from her morning clinical's by now.

The guys proceeded to talk about things that pertained to football and the rest of the season. They spoke in hushed tones, being careful not to say anything that could be potentially leaked to the media by the people who sat around us.

As I sat listening to them, I found myself becoming fidgety. I was playing with my fingers, unable to find one thing to focus on. Oddly, I began to feel hot. Why was I so nervous?

"Ava?!"

My head snapped up. Both Victor and Odell were watching me.

"Huh?"

"You gonna eat your food?" Vic stated.

I looked down at the two plates that had been placed in front of me. I immediately started the smell the aroma of jerk chicken salad and fried plantains. I didn't even realize it was there.