Awarapan 2 - Chapter 10

Keep supporting fam, the read deal has just begun.:) PEACE.

Shivam left the shop at around 11 pm. The sky was clear and moonlight was liting the surrounding area along with the street lamps. Shivam walked toward his Benz in the lot. Pleasant gusts of wind were colliding against his face. He took a deep breath and sat in the car. For a brief moment he just relaxed himself. Turning on the radio he searched for something pleasant to listen to. After succeeding in it he pushed the car onto the road. He was heading toward the central park. Normally people don't like or rather i should say dare to step into this park at night but it was Shivam, who knew no fear. He parked the car alongside the road and stepped into the park. Lighting up a cigarette he sat on a bench facing the land and a clear they of the moon. Things from part few days were circling in his head as he took puffs of the smoke. How he came here and how he ended up meeting Al Bridge, who was now sort of in charge of his shop in his absence. He's a good guy, Shivam thought. 

Spending thirty minutes there he got up feeling a bit sleepy he had decided to go back to home. Slowly his car was cruising down the road. "Together We Cry" by The Script was playing on the radio. Shivam abruptly switched the channel. He didn't want to aggravate his old pains. That was the reason he always avoided love or heartbreak songs. Memories can be very painful. Sequence of his thoughts was disrupted by his phone which was buzzing. He looked toward the screen. It was Al Bridge.

"Hello." Shivam picked up the phone and spoke in a mild tone.

"Yo man, we got a little situation out hea. Some cats messing in hea. I thought i should inform yuh before takin care of them." Al spoke all in one go.

"No, wait I’m just across the street, I’m coming." 

He hung up and reversed his car toward the shop. He was wondering was happening there. He pulled up in the lot and quickly walked toward the shop. Pushing his hairs away from his face he way walking toward the shop when he say a figure standing in front of the door and the girl was looking toward him. There was too much silence in the air and they say silence is the preceder of a storm. That's exactly what happened.  

His eyes met the eyes of the person standing in front of the door. He got a feeling that he has seen them before. Suddenly sound of a loud bang a gunshot echoed. Before anyone could react the door of the shop swung open and the person dashing out hit that girl like a battering ram. She got shoved so bad that her body landed on the edge of the side walk. A second guy also ran out of the shop. Shivam reacted quickly and sprinted after the running thugs. Just after a hundred meter chase he knocked him down to the ground. Al Bridge came out of the shop followed by some screaming customers. He looked toward Shivam who was dragging the thug behind him with firm hold on the front of his shirt. Al was trying to check if the girl on the side walk was conscious or not. Shivam handed the thug to Al who welcomed him with a punch of his own. 

"What had happened?" 

Shivam asked Al while trying to calm down his racing breath and checking the condition of the injured girl.

"I was tellin em to leave cuz they wer talkin trash, the otha one pulled out a gun and shot at me. I barely." 

Al handed over the thug to two shop employees.

"I've called tha cops." Al continued.

"She's out, she's bleeding badly." Shivam said before putting a piece of cloth to the back of her head. 

"We need to take her to the hospital, Al you stay here, Amanda come with me." Shivam told Al and Picked up the girl talking her to his car. Amanda was a waitress at the shop. Shivam blasted off toward the hospital just then sirens and flashing lights appeared from around the corner. Shivam stayed at the hospital for a while, not just a while in fact for the whole night. The doctor told him that the girl had suffered a severe concussion, bruised ribs and received 3 stitches. Tough doctor also said that is not much to worry about and she'd be good to go in a day. They tried to find any contacts of her family but found none. So Shivam had to stay, he remembered where he had seen her and he was hoping she had forgot about it.

*****

Emma woke up feeling an intense pain in her head. Everything around was looking like a blur. She tried to get up but bolts of pain rushed through her head and ribs. She let out a little squeal in pain. 

"M'am, can you hear me?" 

Emma tried to recognize the voice and her surroundings. Where was she? Last thing she remembered was looking toward this guy whom she thought was stalking her and then just when she had a look of his face someone struck her.  

"M'am." 

She turned her face toward the person standing next to the bed she was laying on. It was a doctor and along with him was a nurse who was staring at her. She blinked her eyes abruptly to get a clear view and nodded her head. 

"Good." The doctor said and left after instructing the nurse. 

"How did I end up here?" 

Emma questioned the nurse. 

That's when a guy walked in, his manners were telling that he was feeling very awkward about it. The nurse spoke pointing toward the guy. 

"Mr. Shivam there brought you here." 

Emma looked at Shivam's face; she had seen him somewhere because it look familiar. Shivam was standing across the bed and before he could say anything Hazel arrived. 

"Oh my gosh, Em oh my gosh, what happened to you." 

Hazel came straight to Emma's bed. 

"Uh, I just, got hit, and fell." 

Emma replied in pauses. 

"You look bad, how're you feeling now?"  

Hazel sounded concern. 

"I'll be ok, I’ve been through worse." 

"Aw honey." 

Hazel turned her head and faced Shivam and the nurse. 

"You're Shivam right?" 

She questioned with a little doubt in her tone. 

"Uh yeah, I had picked up your call." 

Hazel turned her head toward Emma and then looked back at Shivam. 

"Excuse me, but have we met before?" 

"I don't think." Shivam replied with a half smile. 

But then suddenly Hazel's eyes lit up. 

"Oh my gosh, that's impossible, you're the guy in that hospital in Hong Kong.?" 

"Yeah you're right, unbelievable." Emma had the traces of surprise in her voice. 

"I'm sorry, i don't remember meeting or seeing you." Shivam sounded surprised.

"no man, it was you. We had opened the wrong door and it was you there." 

"Um i think there's a bit misunderstanding here." 

Shivam spat a lie and with that his phone rang. 

"Excuse me." 

He said and walked out of the room. 

"Hello." 

"You've messed with a wrong nigga brown kid, now you're gonna pay for this. I'm the most ruthless motherfucker in the hood. Watch out now. Ha-ha." 

"What the heck, who the fuck are you?" 

"Double K son, see you soon." 

"What the f...." 

Before he could finish the sentence call was dropped by the person on the other side. Stuffing his phone in the pocket he went back into the room.  

"I have to leave, here's my card. Just call me if I’m needed." 

Shivam handed his card to Hazel and turned to leave. 

He took out his phone as he walked toward the exit. He called Al. 

"Hey Al, where are you? We are in a bit trouble i guess."