{five}

BROWNSTONE STREET

"Take a right here," Tina directs, Jacob between Newt and me. Jacob sounds as if he was going to throw up. Did the bite really affect muggles that differently? Tina suddenly stops in front of a large repair truck and peers at the house across the street. In a hushed voice, she whispers, "Before we go in, I'm not supposed to have men on the premises." Of course.

"In that case," Newt tries. "Mr. Kowalski and I can easily seek other accommodation. We could also take Atlas-" Tina cuts him off with a, " Oh no you don't!" She grabs Jacob's arm and practically drags him across the road. Atlas looks to Newt before she shrugs and shoulders her bag. Newt trails after her. "Watch your step!" Tina calls.

GOLDSTEIN RESIDENCE STAIRWELL

"That you, Tina?" a lady calls from downstairs. Tina freezes for a moment before replying seamlessly, "Yes, Mrs. Esposito." The lady, Mrs. Esposito asks, "Are you alone?" Tina sighs before she replying, "I'm always alone, Mrs. Esposito." Perhaps Tina wasn't that bad.

GOLDSTEIN RESIDENCE SITTING ROOM

Atlas steps into the sitting room where magic cleans and keep house. An iron works away in a corner, the clotheshorse revolves clumsily on its wooden legs in front of a fire that roars with life. It dries an assortment of underwear. Atlas giggles at the unkempt apartment. It reminds her of her old dorm in Ravenclaw. Messy yet productive.

A lady, possibly Tina's sister, stands in a silk slip. She supervises the mending of a dress on a dressmaker's dummy. Jacob seems thunderstruck at the blonde. Newt, however, barely notices and that strangely brings Atlas some peace.

"Teenie," she starts before changing course. "You brought men home?" Tina slightly rolls her eyes before talking. "Gentlemen and lady," Tina introduces. "This is my sister. You wanna put something on, Queenie?" Queenie continues unfazed. "Oh, sure." She directs her wand to the dummy, the dress dressing her rather than her dressing herself. Jacob watches, still looking for words. Atlas smirks and nudges him, amused. Tina flits around the apartment, trying to tidy up. "So who are they?" Queenie questions. She's probably already figured out Jacob, as he has no walls up against a Legilimens.

"That's Mr. Scamander. He's committed a serious infraction of the National Statute of Secrecy-" Queenie cuts her off. Atlas is convinced that cutting people off is an American thing. "He's a criminal?"

"Uh-huh, and this is Mr. Kowalski. He's a No-Maj-" Queenie interrupts again. "A No-Maj?" She seems concerned. "Teen, what are you up to?"

"He's sick, it's a long story. Mr. Scamander has lost something, I'm going to help him find it." Atlas notices she was left out of the introductions. "We'll be helping him find it," Tina looks rattled when Atlas asserts herself. "After all, aren't you on probation?"

Queenie looks up with a question on her mind. "And you are?" Atlas chuckles before holding out her hand. "Atlas Willow, at your service. Auror of the British Ministry. Technically this is my case, your sister is trying to piggyback on it. And because you can't read my mind, I'll tell you that I'm letting her. Tina grows on a person." Queenie gives her a soft smile.

"Well if that's what it is, I won't stop you guys."