A Step In The Right Direction

Start from the beginning

"Anything is fine with me" Natasha shrugged. She really didn't care, because she wasn't all that hungry at the moment.

"Okay. Thomas can you make two omelets" Emen asked a big guy at the stove.

"Well, my father used to tell us when he was still alive to never trust a skinny cook" Natasha said quietly. She blushed when Thomas bellowed out a laugh. "I'm sorry I didn't even mean to say that out loud" Natasha apologized quickly.

"I like this girl" Thomas told emen and gave her a friendly wink before turning back to the stove. Natasha smiled. So many people were friendly here. She frowned, but what if she had to leave if she told Emen the truth? Well, she still had some time to figure out if she wanted to tell him or not. She bit her lip as Thomas laid the plates in front of them and gave them forks with a drink.

"I like her too" Emen said staring at her. Natasha averted her eyes from him and horridly ate as fast as she could, burning her mouth on the hot eggs as she put them in her mouth. She swallowed before looking at him.

"I do believe it is time to have that talk with your mother" Natasha stated. emen was already done.

"Alright. Thanks Thomas" emen called over his shoulder as he took her hand in his once again and brought her to a room with a couple couches and comfy looking chairs. Linda was already there, sipping a drink out of a tea cup. "I'll come back in an hour on the dot so we can head out" Emen told. Natasha nodded and watched him leave and shut the door.

"Natasha dear! Please sit down. I am quite excited to hear about you. You just spark my interest so much for some reason" Linda told her. Natasha smiled at her. This woman was the kind of mother figure that she wished her actual mother was like.

"I don't really know what you'd like to hear about me. I'm not really all that exciting" Natasha admitted to her as she sat down on a comfy chair.

"Don't be so modest" the queen told her with a smile. "Tell me about your home, family, things you're used to" She smiled at her. Natasha watched the queen. she seemed so interested in learning about her soon to be daughter-in-law. She was just a kind hearted woman from what she could tell. She wasn't too sure she could actually lie to her. She thought that she should start with not lying and at a safe point.

"Well, my sister is thirteen. She is the most adorable girl that I've ever seen. She's so intelligent and kind hearted" Natasha smiled as she thought about her sister. "She loves walking around and exploring things" she added.

"It seems that she has many of your qualities" Linda told her. Natasha looked over at her and her heart ache. She was nothing like her little sister. She was lying to all of these people and pretending to be something that she wasn't.

"Look your majesty" Natasha said as she looked at her hands and played with the edge of her dress sleeves. "I'm not who all of you think I am. I've been lying and pretending all of this. I'm not a princess. I'm not rich. I shouldn't even be your sons mate. I'm nothing close to the same social status as any of you. I'm a poor girl in a poor family. I do have a sister and a mother. My father is dead. The reason why I even showed up at the party in the first place was because my mother said that she'd sell my little sister and myself if I did not find a rich person at your ball and marry them for their money. I had changed my mind the night of the ball and was going to go home, but it became complicated when your son wouldn't really let me leave once he found out that I was his mate. I am so sorry that I deceived you all. I'd understand if you want to punish me, but please let me at least find another place for my little sister. I can't let my mother sell her when she is only thirteen" Natasha told her the entire truth. Tears slipped down her cheeks as she waited. Waited for the Queen to do something.

The Queen stood up and took Natasha in her arms. "You my girl. Are a sweet, wonderful woman. I'm not going to punish you. You did the right thing by coming out with the truth. I understand why you lied though. It took a lot of courage for you to tell the truth with what was at stake. The only thing is, is that you have to find a way to tell Emen. I'm not really sure how he'll react. One piece of advice is that you have to make sure that you don't give him a chance to break into your explanation. Explain everything as much as possible and at once so it will be easier for him to contemplate everything together instead of things as pieces. He might make assumptions if he doesn't hear the whole thing at once" Linda told her. Natasha nodded and thanked her, hugging her hard.

Natasha wiped her tears away,. "you don't know how thankful I am. Just thank you so much" Natasha told her. They sat down talking for the rest of their time about her real life. The whole truth and nothing but the truth. Natasha and the Queen had a nice talk and laughed and smiled. Natasha knew that she'd miss her very much if Emen decided to reject her and leave her. The door opened and emen came through smiling at seeing the two of them enjoying each others company.

"I see that my two favorite woman are getting along nicely" Emen grinned at them.

"Yes. We were having a great talk. We'll have to have a lot more like them in the future" Linda told them both. Natasha wanted to tell her that it all depended on if she was around in the future, but just agreed.

"Well, time to go" emen smiled at her. Natasha nodded and looked back at the Queen as she was directed out of the room. Linda gave her a reassuring smile and Emen and herself made their way out of the castle and got to the train station. They got their tickets, got on the train, and found seats. She looked down at their hands where their fingers were interlocked and sighed. She knew she'd have to tell him before they made it to her house. She just wanted a few more moments of happiness in case this would be their last time together.