Happy Meeting (Last chapter)

Victor kisses the light pink lips that are slightly open. It has been ten days since the accident, and Yuri lies 'asleep' in the hospital bed. More like a coma. The former skater is unrecognizable under the purple bags under his eyes and the light fuzz that covers his chin. The blues of his eyes seem dull as he holds the limp hand.

There was too much blood loss and complications with surgery. Pneumonia and hypothermia were also present. Although the doctors insist that keeping Yuri where he was was the right thing to do, victor still felt unimaginable guilt. What could he have done differently in order to save Yuri from what state he is currently in.

The Russian stares intently into the boys face. He looks so peaceful, as if he weren't fighting for his life.

Like he was sleeping next to Victor on a cold day.

The tubes extending from his nose drug the man from his thoughts, bringing him back to reality. Victor leans back in the chair and draws circles into Yuri's palm with his thumb. Oh what he wants to tell Yuri when he wakes up. What he missed, how he's going to stay by his side until he wins gold. How much his dog missed him.

How much he loved him.

The silver haired man leans forward and kisses the back of Yuri's hand. It's soft and delicate. It's also cool to the touch despite the vast amount of heat being poured into the room. Victor closes his eyes, keeping his lips firmly on the hand held in his own.

Until he feels a light pressure on the crown of his head.

Victors eyes shoot open, and he trembles in anticipation. The weight is lifted and victor allows his eyes to trail upward. They instantly lock with warm bright orbs; ones that he has missed greatly. Tears prick the bright blue eyes as he lifts his head, never loosing eye contact with Yuri. In a voice that sounds almost too frightened to ask, Victor hoarsely whispers "is that you?"

The black haired boy nods and is instantly tackled with a hug. Victor allows himself to cry as relief floods him and he hugs Yuri with all his might. He returns the hug, just as desperate. Not wanting to waste anymore time, victor kisses Yuri straight on the lips, not caring about the illness. It's eagerly welcomed and it remains sweet and deep. As they pull apart, they can't help but burst out laughing at one another.

"I have a feeling you've been kissing me without my permission for the past week" it's like a melody to Victors ears. He can't help but go in for a second one. Once more, they pull away.

"I don't think you minded that much." Once again, childlike laughter fills the room. Victor wipes away his own tears of relief as he looks at his love. He's full of life, like he hasn't been in a coma for the past week.

"I love you." Victor says while looking straight in Yuri's eyes. It's barely more than a whisper, but Yuri gives him a heartwarming smile in return.

"I love you too." A moment of silence followed as both of them stared hopelessly in love with each other. Victor broke the silence.

"Yurio cried when he visited you." This time Yuri laughs so loud that he clutches his sides. Tears stream down his face.

"I'm sure going to miss him." Victor couldn't hear him over his own laughing.

For the next hour, or perhaps hours, victor lays his head in Yuri's lap and they simply talk. Victor speaks of everything Yuri missed, what happened during surgery, even the embarrassing moment when Victor accidentally tackled a nurse to get to Yuri. The whole time, Yuri stared at him with a smile, playing with Victors hair.

Eventually victor went to talk about how long he's loved Yuri, and everything he loved about him, earning a few gasps and chuckles from his love. How it all began at that after party, and every little thing he admired. What can he say, he was in love.

"The quadruple flip you did before you fell was absolutely breathtaking." Victor says staring at Yuri lovingly, remembering the beauty he felt from him, and the pride as a coach " I can easily say that you took that move away from me and made it your own."

Something in Yuri's face changed as he urged the Russian off his lap and put his arms around his neck. He nuzzled his face into Victors neck. The silver haired man soon felt a slight wetness on his exposed skin as he hugged the boy back.

"What's wrong, Yuri?" The atmosphere soon changed as victor felt anxious.

"Thank you.... for everything." Yuri whispered.

Victors eyes shot open as a loud noise entered the room. Nurses and doctors filled the room, caring equipment with them. Victor was pushed out of the way, still in a daze of what was happening. Yuri is once again on the bed, motionless. They quickly expose his chest and next thing victor heard is " CLEAR!"

The day has come. Victor is dressed as nicely as possible in his black suit. A single deep blue rose in his hand. He stares at it without emotion as he twirls it around his palm. His world remains silent, ignoring the tears and sobs in the room. Victor final stops leaning against the wall and walks towards the casket. He stares at the beautiful man below him, still without an expression. He leans down and kisses his lips that are still tinted pink. Victor rests his forehead on Yuri's and closes his eyes. How did it come to this? How could one wrong move lead to a tragedy? The silver haired man places the rose into the the stationary hands of the man resting for eternity.

"You made history, Yuri.... see you in the next life."

Victor places one final kiss on his lovers cheek before leaving the room with a small smile.