Chapter six, Death and Sorrow.

This was the worst thing for Alkestis. Seeing her brother about to get killed but she can't do anything about.
King's orders, you come when he wants you to, wether you are precious to him or not.

The monster makes its way to Leonidas. Thank the gods Dilios sees it!
Dilios pushes Leonidas out of the way just in time, and the monster scratches him in his left eye.
"Thank you, Dilios." Alkestis whispers.
Leonidas has a hard time defeating the monster. It's strong, and barely feels pain.
He's lying on the ground now, the monster pointing a sword at him.
It's now lying on top of him, the blade a few inches away from his face.
Alkestis wants to look away, fearing to see her brother die right in front of her. But she can't. She knows he won't leave her like that, not now. She looks at them intensely, calculating the options Leonidas has.
But, it is not Leonidas who stops the monster from killing him.
The monster notices it's being watched and looks Alkestis' way. She forgot she was halfway out of the bushes by now, and the monster could see her. It quickly stands up and dashes towards her.
Alkestis wonders why, but soon thinks of Xerxes' words, that he would get her. She quickly runs out of the bushes, her spear and shield ready. She's glad the monster isn't after Leonidas anymore, but now she has to deal with it!
She runs up to it, and stabs it in the chest. But it doesn't even twitch.
"Oh come on!" She yells out of frustration. Alkestis grabs her sword from her belt and readies it.
"You are going to die so hard tonight!" She yells again, stabbing the sword over and over again in its chest, stomach, arms and head. But it just won't die!

Out of the corner of her eye she sees Leonidas, he looks back at her.
Because she is distracted, the monster tackles her to the ground.
She's trapped. She raises her sword again, with the last bit of strength she has, and stabs the monster in its eye.
Of course, it doesn't die. But this gives her a chance to look around her.
Everywhere, Spartans and Arcadians are fighting immortals. Since she just ran out, Leonidas gave the order for the others to come as well.
Among everything, she finds Astinos, who is fighting off two immortals. He's dealing well with them, and kills both. She sees Artemis, who is helping Stelios fight off a few immortals. And Dilios, who is busy running around, helping whoever needs his help. And then, she sees Leonidas. He is killing immortal after immortal. And he does not show mercy.
Once he finishes the last one, he quickly looks Alkestis' way. He sees her trapped beneath a raging monster and he runs her way. Astinos also noticed it, and is making his way over too. They both throw their sword at Alkestis, who catches them. She looks at the swords, and then at the monster, who regained composure by now.
She quickly readies herself and slices both swords. Its head falls off, the monster is dead.

Alkestis drops the two swords, and her arms and head fall down on the ground like the rest of her body did.
Her head hits the hard stone, and exhaustion takes over.
Alkestis looses consciousness.

Leonidas and his army, together with Daxos and his army finish off all the immortals.
They quickly get all the wounded off the battle field and Leonidas gets his sister.
"You always make me worry for you...." He whispers as he picks her up.
Leonidas carries Alkestis' unconsciouss body to the camp. He lays her down and takes a look at her injuries.

Her face is bruised, just like the rest of her body.
Blood is gushing out of stab wounds.
Normally, when someone is passed out, they would have a peacefull look on their face, but not Alkestis.
Her face showed discomfort, pain, sadness, worry, anger, and many more emotions.
She started to stir, to sweat. She even screamed.
Alkestis, was having a nightmare.

~Alkestis' nightmare~

[ Alkestis' POV ]

Everything happened, and I just stood there.

That monster, it killed Leonidas.
First, it started punching him.
Then, it started cutting him with its blades.
After that, Leonidas was screaming, the pain was too much even for him.
The monster didn't listen, it started to break Leonidas' bones.
One by one, slowly, painfully.
And then, the monster tore his head off.
His last words, I don't think I can ever forget them.
"Alkestis!! Please help me!"