Chapter Four

Metatron lets out a sigh of relief once his feet land on solid ground. Before him, Heaven's grand  up opened and he steps inside. Peter got up and smiles at Metatron's direction.

       "Welcome back." He greeted warmly.

       "Thank you."

       "I take it you've dealt with the demons, no?"

       "They were hardly a challenge, but yes, I have."

       "Those demons don't stand a chance against you. After all, you are the Primaera Angelus."

      "Stop the flatteries, Peter."

       "I'm merely stating the truth, my friend." Metatron rolls his eyes. "I'm surprised you came back immediately."

      "There was nothing else left for me to do so I went back."

      "And you made it back before dinner, too." Peter's smile broadened.

     "I did promise Tzadkiel, after all."

     "How sweet..."

     "Really, Peter...!"

     "Let's not stay out here for too long. Even you are vulnerable to catch a cold." Peter ushered Metatron inside.

     "Alright." The chief angel sighed.

                                                                                    -o-

All heads turned to the door hearing Metatron enter the Mess Hall. His twin, Tzadkiel, was one of them. Upon seeing Metatron, hw pushed his plate away, got up, and ran to him.

     "Metatron!" The Angel of Death glomped him from behind. 

     "Tzadkiel, really!" Despite the annoyance, Metatron had to smirk when Tzadkiel cuddled close to him.

      "I'm glad you kept your promise."

      "I'm a man of my word, brother." The Chief Angel reminded his twin, "If you're done hugging me, then we might as well eat." Metatron ruffled his twin's hair a bit, which irritated Tzadkiel to a certain degree. The younger twin slaps the Chief Angel's hand away and leads him to their table. Metatron was surprised to find out that his brother is seating with the Angelic Council. The Angelic Council is composed of two pairs of twins: The Irin and the Quaddisin. 

      "Yo!" The Irin greeted. Metatron nodded his greetings and took his place beside Tzadkiel.

      "Where were you?" one of the Quaddisin twins asked.

      "Mission."

      "Knew it."

      "But I am surprised, though. You showed up for dinner."

      "Pray tell, why make it such a big issue?"

     "Hello! Earth to Met! We hardly see you around." The Irin pointed out.

     "You could say we got used to it." Go figure... the Primaera Angelus went back to eating his sandwhich. 

     "I promised Tzadkiel over here that I'd come back for dinner. Hence why I'm here."

     "Ah..."

     "Yeah." Tzadkiel wraps his arm around his twin's shoulders. "Metatron is a man of his word. He knows that I'll beat him up to a nice juicy pulp is he ever dares break that promise." The Primaera Angelus sweatdropped at this.