Chapter 14: Icy Heart

Start from the beginning

"-surrender!" the Prince called off, holding the blade towards her neck.

"Light? What's going on?"

As he suddenly stood quiet staring at me, Gaia took the advantage and swung backwards, grabbing the knife towards his neck.

"Leave! Before I kill him!" Gaia yelled. I turned around and slowly left the room. As I reached the outside, I walked hastily towards the Weaponry Room. Grabbing whatever weapon was lying before me. I ran back to the main room and lifted the gun towards her.

"Enough Gaia! Let him go!" I panted. The startled Gaia finally released the Prince, holding the sword steadily before she finally plunged straight to me. I jumped away and shot the bullet as I twirled across the room. Gaia fell hard, groaning in agony as she rubbed the wound. Panting as she noticed the pool of blood forming under her.

"This... This is not over!" she bravely cried.

"Nope, this is over. Enough Gaia! You've done enough!" the Prince shouted as he took the blade and placed it coldly before her head.

"No! Please stop!" Rendevel suddenly shouted.

"Where did you go earlier?"

"I-I was...just..." he stuttered.

"Something suspicious is going on in here." I thought.

"Gaia, she's my half-sister. She's all I have left." He softly spoke.

I was shocked. Meanwhile, the Prince was raging in anger. He quickly slammed Rendevel to the wall and punched him on the face.

Gaia yelled in defense to her brother, "No! Please, you can kill me but please, let go of my brother!"

I frowned as I heard her words. I stiffened and finally stood up. The Prince nodded and finally spoke up.

"Gaia, I hereby punish you for hurting my comrades, for hijacking the ship, and for using illegal poison on your weapon. You are hereby charged to death. Rendevel, as for you, for being...being..."

"-being accomplices to a criminal, you are sentenced to jail for a minimum of five years." I continued.

The Prince threw Rendevel to the door and decided to do an emergency landing on Phobos. He secured the two criminals and took them to the containment facility of the vessel. As the Prince exited the ship, an entire army of soldiers welcomed him.

"Arrest Colonel Gaia and Captain Rendevel!" he strongly ordered.

"Yes Sir!" his army replied.

My heart felt like it was going to break into pieces. I burst into tears seeing Rendevel being arrested, sobbing as I turned away from him. Rendevel swept away and suddenly turned back. "I need to have a few words with her."

"Make it quick!" the guard replied.

"Lydia, all I can say is that I'm sorry. You may never forgive me but always remember that I love-"

"-times up!" the guard cut off.

The Prince went to me and, patting my shoulders as I continued sobbing.

"You have to let him go." He softly whispered.

I wiped off my tears and hugged him. That day was ultimately the worst day of my life. I lost a friend, a captain, an apprentice, and a brother.

***

2 YEARS LATER...

"Patrick, we're leaving in two hours. Let's go!" I yelled as I pushed the door open. Another case had been waiting for me prior to my return. I packed my things into my duffle bag and placed it on the trunk. I sighed, welcoming the beautiful sunny day. The flowers had bloomed, the leaves were dancing to the rhythm of the wind. The fresh air felt much better than ones in Mars.

"What a beautiful day." I hummed. All of a sudden, my phone vibrated crazily on my pocket. I tugged my hands to my pocket and swiped the phone.

"What is it this time?" I shrugged.

"Detective Lydia Spencer, I hereby order you to come to my office upstairs to receive my orders." the man playfully said.

"I'm leaving in two hours. I can't just sit around in your office." I joked.

"Orders are orders." He said as he cut the phone call. I walked back grumpily, bashing through the door as I rode the elevator to his room. I knocked his door three times, and entered. The room was deserted. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Suddenly, the lights went out and I saw him along with my co-workers showing up with a cake as they sang the Birthday Anthem.

"Happy Birthday!" their sweet voice passed through my ears.

As I blew the candle, I recalled our memories for the past two years. I was really thankful to the Prince for taking care of me in my darkest moments.

I went over to him and gave him a slight kiss on his lips. Everybody in the room gasped and started applauding. The happy atmosphere fell back into ice as I saw all my co-workers fainting. One by one, each of them fell as if they were domino stacks. The Prince tugged his hands into his pocket and reached for his gun.

"We have to leave, immediately." He muttered.

I was taken aback, I nodded, "But first, what do we do about our co-workers?"

The Prince shook his head and aimed towards the door. Puffing as his breaths turned into smokes.

"Teleport us now! We're losing time!"

Unfortunately, my entire body started freezing before I was able to teleport us to Mars.

"I can't move!" I mumbled as I tried moving my arms. I froze in panic as the ice started ascending towards my head.

"He's here. We're too late!" the Prince shouted hysterically.

"Who's here?" I asked before my head started being covered by ice. The entire room became a frozen ice cave. An unidentified presence started entering the room. His short footsteps echoed throughout the room, unveiling the moving shadow.

-End of Chapter 14-