Epilougue: The God of Stories Completes the Tale

"And so," Loki sighed. "I came here." He smiled. "I've changed as I'm sure you've noticed. Ego death, if you will. A lot may have changed about me but, I'm still me, Verity. Is the Loki you were friends with dead? Is he alive? I don't know, Schrödinger's cat? Whichever, your old friend is now, he's definitely out of that box." Loki had aged just a bit further. His hair dirty and ruffled. It looked like he had been tortured and came back. Not only by other people, but, himself. Verity knew his story now.

    "Loki was no longer the God of lies now. But, instead stories. And stories continue on even if the multiverse is destroyed." Loki narrated as he looked out the window at the red sky. The last inversion was starting, the world was about to end. He knew he would survive. But, to be alone, he wasn't fond the idea. He had to save Verity, and he had just the perfect plan-Well, almost-Verity probably wouldn't like it. He turned around turning into a woman as he did. "What?" Loki asked seeing Verity's shocked expression.

     "I've never seen you do that before." Verity looked surprised. It wasn't an illusion either. Loki was actually a woman now. With fairer skin, long hair, and black lipstick. She still had the same mischievous glitter in her green eyes as Loki had before. "I mean, I knew you could. But, I had just never seen it."

       "Well, I can't just be one thing forever." She smiled. "I'm the goddess of stories. Not the goddess of some  stories. Which, by the way, I never thought I'd ask." She looked at Verity. "You know my story now. But, what's your story, Miss.Willis?"