First Fight?

Zhouzhou arrived early than the promised time. His reasoning brain thought it's because the place is closer to his home. But to be frank, he just couldn't wait to meet his new friend. If only they met earlier...

It's not 7 yet. But the other guy arrived just as early. Zhouzhou couldn't help but smile seeing the big guy walked in. 

"Hi there," Zhouzhou welcomed Jingyu warmly.

"Hey. Did you wait long?" Jingyu's feeling guilty for making the cutest guy in that restaurant wait. 

"Nope. Just arrived. It's closer than I imagined."

"Should we order first?" Jingyu called the waiter and place his order. Followed by Zhouzhou who order the same dish. "Don't tell me you also frequent this place?"

"It's close with my home. What do you think?" teased Zhouzhou boldly. This cute guy might looked shy and innocent, but underneath, he's just a funny and confident guy. He just didn't understand how he could opened up this soon to a new friend. They are friend already, right?

"My friend introduce me to this place. And the noodles, it's just the best, don't you think?"

Zhouzhou stopped himself from asking. He's about to ask a question that could keep him up all night. He surprised himself for wondering about Jingyu's friend. That's really not the important thing but somehow his instinct already decided what's important.

"Hmm, so... Are you really okay with spending your remaining time here with me?" Jingyu swore he's never been this much of a coward before. But somehow, whenever it concerned his new friend, he's trembling inside.

"Sure. I told you. I already finished preparing. And I already spent a whole lot of time with my friends and family. And... I do want to be your friend."

Jingyu saw seriousness in Zhouzhou's eyes. It made him relieved, but at the same time wonder. Why did that little guy want to be his friend. That guy is cute, beautiful even, and shining. And Jingyu was known for his cold attitude although he's never been cold with Zhouzhou. In fact, he noticed he's always warm with this guy.

"Why?" Jingyu startled himself for asking out loud. Zhouzhou looked at him confused. "I mean, I saw you with your friend. I don't understand why do you wanna be my friend."

"Why? I'm not sure myself. It's just you're so cool. Let's just say you're my ideal man.. Ah, I mean, I wanna be like you. You look strong, cool, you know. Manly."

Jingyu tried his best not to laugh but he failed to stop grinning. Zhouzhou noticed this and blushed. "What? Is it funny? Are you making fun of me?"

"No, no," Jingyu tried to deny but his laughter bursted out. Zhouzhou's cheeks getting redder by the minute. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean that. It's just, what you said, it's like what a kindergarten student would say to his hero."

"Well, forgive me for being like a kid!"

"I said I was sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. It just felt so nice, being someone's hero so I couldn't help it."

"Whatever. And what about you? Why do you wanna be my friend? Don't tell me it's because I'm beautiful again."

The waiter came and served their noodles. Zhouzhou's still waiting for his reply.

"Well, that's the reason," Jingyu answered slyly and it made Zhouzhou's mad so he added, "But mostly, because you shine so bright. I never met anyone as bright as you. There's something special about you."

After Jingyu finished his serious speech, Zhouzhou laughed loudly. "Jingyu, are you sure you're not hitting on me?"

That question made Jingyu blushed. This time it's his cheek that's as red as an apple. "W-what?"

"Sorry. I'm just messing with you."

"Well, I'm serious. You're different from the people I met so far. I wanna know how it feels to be your friend. You look so cheerful, not like me..."

Zhouzhou's feeling bad for joking about Jingyu's sincerity. He wanted to apologise but Jingyu cut his only chance and told him to start eating. So they ate in silence. 

When Jingyu's got his bad mood attack, it's not easy for him to get his mood back. He used to leave and spend time alone but deep inside, he didn't want to separate from the one who made him feeling that way. So he just ate his noodle and avoid eye contact.

After some time, Zhouzhou couldn't take it anymore. "I'm sorry, okay? Sorry. I went too far. I apologise."

Jingyu's still not saying anything. 

"Well, how about this? You forgive me today, in exchange, I will give you a pass. If you ever made me angry, use this pass and I will forgive you. How's that sound?"

"Do you think I will make you angry?"

Zhouzhou smiled as Jingyu wanted to talk to him again. Somehow the big guy he admired turned to be more childish than he thought. "You almost made me angry today. And are you confident you won't make me angry?"

"Fine, I'll take the pass."

"Good. I'll give you this chicken as the proof."

Jingyu smiled again receiving a chicken from Zhouzhou. He couldn't understand how he could easily smile again. He's not a grudging type, so it's not a surprise that he forgive that guy easily. It's not a big matter. But usually, it's not easy for him to smile again. He needed time.

"So, are we good?" Zhouzhou asked full of smile.

Jingyu just couldn't deny that smile. He smiled so big, "We're good."

"I'm really sorry. I really appreciate you saying I'm shining. Though it really does embarrassing hearing it from another guy."

"Well, if you put it that way, it does seem cheesy. But I'm sincere."

"I know. That's why I apologise."

"Hey, Zhouzhou, I just wonder. Why did you keep saying I was hitting on you? Are you feeling like I'm hitting on you?"

Zhouzhou couldn't answer right away. He's just saying it. But why did he always say that? Did he really feel Jingyu is hitting on him? If so, why did he still wanna meet like this?

"Zhou!"

"Ah, well, I'm not sure myself. Maybe it's because it's just like a pick up line I heard in movies. I don't know."

"Well, it does, right? Maybe I'm just a really smooth talker. It's a habit," Jingyu laughed it off with his joke. He just didn't want to think that he's really hitting on Zhouzhou, another guy.

Zhouzhou laughed as well. "Well, I should learn a few lines from you I guess." He didn't want to think of anything that could jeopardise this new budding friendship. 

It is just friendship... right?